- 0.2

{.0.2. - Second Year}

Alcyone's first year at Hogwarts had gone by extremely quick

Alcyone's first year at Hogwarts had gone by extremely quick. She hadn't made any friends except Toby. She didn't really speak to Mary much anymore, Mary had found friendship with the Ravenclaw girls. Alcyone didn't mind too much but she had liked Mary that first day so thought they could be friends.

Her first year was different to what she had expected, she wasn't very good academically and she only really excelled in charms. She wrote to Atlas often wondering how he managed as she knew that she was like him; better at wandless magic.

She wondered why she was not good with a wand. The question had plagued her often but Atlas had no answers for her except sometimes extraordinary people were born and they were just extraordinary. There wasn't a need for an explanation. She liked that thought. The end of her first year was just delightful, she had missed her brothers and was loving the attention she had as soon as she got off the platform.

Her brothers were truly the best thing in her life.

***

Alcyone's second year was different. She sat with Toby on the train and they had intended on playing exploding snap the whole way — Caspian sat with Evan Rosier as they had developed a close friendship over the year — But Regulus Black knocked on their compartment door as he was now a first year and asked to sit with Alcyone as she was a familiar face.

Alcyone obliged and introduced Regulus to Toby. Toby had asked if they were cousins and Alcyone just shrugged. All purebloods were related somehow so she wouldn't have been surprised if they were; she liked Regulus though, he was sweet

"What house do you think you'll be sorted into Reggie?" She asked the younger boy politely

"Slytherin I think," he said causing Alcyone to nod

She knew Regulus was different to Sirius but she hoped that he was not too prejudiced like Walburga and Orion — Alcyone couldn't stand them — she dealt Regulus into the game and they joked and laughed the whole way.

***

Not to Alcyone's surprise, Regulus did indeed make Slytherin and he sat next to Caspian. Both boys shot her a wave and she smiled at them.

"So... what do you say about going for a walk tonight? To the kitchens?" Toby asked her as she tucked into her beef dinner

"Tobes, I think we should sleep early! Classes start tomorrow and it's just horrible being tired on the first day," Alcyone said shyly