92.

{.92. moving home}

Remus stayed for his last full moon at the colony and returned home battered and bruised the very next day, crawling into bed next to a very sleep Alcyone Montague

She nuzzled into his side and let out a small snore. Remus wrapped his arm around her and pressed a kiss to her shoulder before he shut his eyes and tried to get some rest.

Remus had been asleep for all of three hours when he heard a loud scream from the bed next to him, he jumped up and saw that his girlfriend was writhing in pain. The bedroom door slammed open and Luke Hector ran to the bed shaking ally.

"You're okay, Ally." He shouted, he wrapped his arms around the girl and smoothed her hair back

Remus watched on in shock, unsure about what was happening. Ally writhed in pain and let out some blood curdling screams when Luke managed to mutter a charm to wake her up.

She let out a loud gasp and sat up straight, spluttering when she realised that she had an audience. Luke hushed her and rocked her in his arms, reassuring her that she was safe.

"You're okay my darling, you're safe." Luke whispered as she held onto his biceps

"I'm okay," she mumbled

Ally had been struggling with sleeping and she normally would end up in the same bed as Luke as she felt comforted knowing someone was there to help her but as Remus moved back they couldn't. That meant she had to fight her demons alone. It terrified her.

Remus and Alcyone were out of sync. It felt like they had fought so long and so hard for their love but it just wasn't happening. Nothing they did worked and they just couldn't fall back into that same routine and Ally didn't know how they'd do it.

She felt like something was missing.

In the crude words of Sirius it was sex, they lacked intimacy but Toby and Luke had said it was the trust. She didn't trust that Remus wouldn't leave her again and that is why she couldn't feel safe around him. Ally hated to admit it but she knew the boys were right. She was scared that Remus would leave.

She felt like she needed some form of commitment, whether that be dates or reassurance, she wasn't sure but she knew that she needed him to be giving more effort into fixing what was going wrong than he was.

"Can I get you some tea my darling?" Remus asked and she nodded

Remus knew he had making up to do. He watched every night as she writhed in pain, screaming for it to stop. He cuddled her until she couldn't move no more, promised to protect her until she was old but that didn't matter as she still doubted him.