44.

{.44. The order of the Phoenix}

Trigger: slurs

News about Remus John Lupin and Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague had spread like wildfire following the Halloween party

News about Remus John Lupin and Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague had spread like wildfire following the Halloween party. Sirius had contributed by shouting it in the great hall on his birthday knowing that nobody could be mad at him.

Sirius had also loved the presents that Ally had bought for him and was excited to buy her Christmas presents to rival what she had got him for her birthday — he wanted to make it into a competition.

Ally hadn't spoken to James properly, she had switched prefect duties so she would be doing it with Remus instead. Ally had enjoyed doing this as they would often go to the astronomy tower for a little while after or to the kitchens where they'd have a little unofficial date. It made Ally's heart warm that Remus was making such an effort with her.

The full moon was last night and Ally was sat waiting for the marauders and Toby to come back, Luke had an extra charms session with Professor Flitwick so Ally was on her own when an owl she didn't recognise flew in and dropped her a letter.

Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague

You are cordially invited to the wedding of Narcissa Black and Lucius Malfoy on the 27th May 1978 at Malfoy Manor.

Please R.S.V.P no later than the 14th February 1978.

We look forward to seeing you there.

There was also a letter attached which she hadn't noticed at first.

Dear Alcyone,

Hello, it's Cissy here. I have spoken with your brothers and they seem to be in agreement about attending the wedding, however there is something I need to ask you which simply cannot be done in a letter. Please meet me in Hogsmeade this coming weekend at 14:00 in the Three Broomsticks for us to discuss the matter.

I look forward to seeing you, it's been quite some time.

Love,
Cissy x

Ally was excited to see Narcissa as she hadn't seen her in a while but she had no idea what they would possibly ask her. Was she in trouble? She had no idea but either way she was hopeful that Narcissa would be at least cordial and have some interesting gossip. Hopefully if she was lucky Ally could hear all about the wedding plans that had happened so far.

Ally packed her things away and headed to the hospital wing to see if she could see if Remus was okay. She had stocked up on plenty of Italian chocolate for him to try and she was praying to Merlin that he liked it because she didn't buy any chocolate frogs and she knew that he loved those.