34.

{.33. The Last Full Moon of Sixth Year}

Trigger: blood warning, mentions of abuse

The end of Ally's sixth year ended up coming around a bit too quickly for her liking, Ally had been placing all her focus into the end of year exams

The end of Ally's sixth year ended up coming around a bit too quickly for her liking, Ally had been placing all her focus into the end of year exams. As she had no wand she was actually allowed to participate in the practical parts of the exams showcasing what her wandless magic could do. She only hoped this would be the case for her actual NEWTS next year. If it was she knew that she'd be able to do so much better than what she could do normally; she'd almost have a chance at doing really well.

She and Remus still hadn't made up, they'd spent the last few weeks awkwardly avoiding each other especially after she left him with a bit of food for thought, Ally had been out on prefect duty with Toby which meant she didn't even have to awkwardly encounter him then. She actually thought she was a bit grateful for that if she was being honest.

There was also no news from anybody about her mishap, it had happened one more time. This time though it had happened when she was holding hands with Reggie in the corridor when she had began to feel overwhelmed. She had grabbed onto his hand and within minutes he had to pull his hand away because she had burnt him.

He had no idea still what was wrong, he hadn't been able to find the book that he had been thinking of — he was going to check the library in grimmauld place over the summer. Ally had felt awful when it had happened but Reggie had told her there was no need to worry, she hadn't hurt him and he was ok.

Ally had also been thriving in her lessons with Professor McGonagall, it was the only time Perseus allowed her to have her wand and Professor McGonagall was incredibly impressed with how well Ally had improved, it was like she had a new found confidence. Of course, Professor McGonagall knew that Ally was able to perform magic with a wand in a duelling scenario now, she had seen Arlo after Ally had hexed him and how furious he was and dare she say it, Professor McGonagall had felt quite proud of the young girl. She'd never admit that to anyone of course, it would have been utterly unprofessional but she noticed how far Ally had come and it put a smile on the elder witch's face.

It was now the last full moon of Ally's sixth year and she had made plans with Toby and Luke to go watch it together on top of the Astronomy tower. Regulus and Caspian were going down by the black lake to watch it so she knew that they would be able to go to the astronomy tower undisturbed.

It was one am when the trio had decided there was not enough snacks yet and they were hungry. So Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague was waltzing around the castle trying not to get caught. Toby was currently with Luke in the astronomy tower. Ally had drawn the short straw and had to go and get the snacks from the kitchens because that's how it worked in the muggle world apparently. She didn't like the idea of walking through the castle by herself but ultimately she had no choice according to the boys as it's what happened when the short straw was drawn.