26.

{.26. Padfoot and the Kingfisher}

Trigger: sexual references, slurs, fighting

Sirius Black had never liked Alcyone Montague when they were children

Sirius Black had never liked Alcyone Montague when they were children. He had always thought that Ally had been spoilt and pretentious and followed the same principals his parents had. It was why he usually had a carefree attitude when he was around and didn't care about whether she was upset or not — which made him a dick and he's very apologetic about it now.

As he grew older, he realised he couldn't have been more wrong about the Montague girl. He had realised it when Atlas had spoken to her one time and Sirius overheard everything. He had overheard Atlas talking about how differences make a person special, how being the same just wasn't important and sometimes it was good to be different, it made you 'you' Atlas had said. Sirius thought that was special.

He had realised it again when he had heard Ally scream when she was around Grimmauld Place to help Sirius. He hadn't thought that she had thought like her ancestors and been prejudiced but she wasn't. She had truly had Sirius' back despite being closer to Regulus throughout their whole life and Sirius hadn't been used to another pureblood having his back. Sirius Black had learnt to cherish Alcyone Montague with every fibre of his being.

It was why when he saw her crying after Valentine's Day he had done everything in his power to prank Benedict Anderson at every opportunity he could. First, he put bright green hair dye in his shampoo, like the muggles, then he put itching powder in all his robes and Sirius was only just getting started.

When Sirius was younger he had read that the name Alcyone meant 'Kingfisher', he knew that Kingfisher's signifies peace, promising prosperity and love and when Sirius Black spent time with Ally he knew that she embodied those qualities.

She was a peaceful soul, she had never been engaged in drama or stress and her naivety sometimes meant that she would always have the most non-biased opinions about something, allowing people to feel peaceful in her presence.

Ally was encouraging, she was always willing people on and encouraging them to do better and to be better, she wanted everyone to prosper. She too, was prospering herself, she was becoming a strong independent woman and that wasn't just due to the influence of her brothers. While Ally had always been under the protection of her brothers she knew how to hold her own, she had shown that numerous times over the years and Sirius envied her.

Despite all the pressures on Ally in her life to be perfect, she never felt the pressure, she didn't feel like she had to be anything despite being the only girl in a pureblood family. Sirius Black had learned to love Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague which is why he wasn't surprised that Ally was full of love herself.