29.

{.29. Remus Lupin Comes of Age}

Trigger: anxiety, panic attacks, mention of drugging

The tenth of March came around much quicker than expected but Ally was prepared

The tenth of March came around much quicker than expected but Ally was prepared. She and Remus hadn't  had any more dates but she had been talking to Toby and Luke a lot more about why that could be.

Luke was pretty positive that it was because he was in the marauders and he was messing her around — he said it was 'logical' — Toby however said that it was definitely that Remus was just nervous and she had no reason to panic.

She wasn't, Ally had been speaking to Oberon and she knew how to play hard to get and that's exactly what she was going to do. She did, however, by Remus a present, well, it was a few presents.

She didn't know what specifically to get him so as normal, she bought him a new shirt — a shirt was a customary gift she had thought — she had bought him a new aftershave that was popular amongst muggles, and she'd bought him various chocolates that she had imported from abroad and a bottle of fire whisky and muggle vodka because, well, he was of age after all. She'd wrapped them all and put them in a little gift box to give to him before his birthday party.

Toby, Luke and Ally had been invited to go to Gryffindor tower early so that they could have a few pre drinks before the party actually started. This is where Ally would give Remus his presents too, she thought it was only right and hopefully he'd like them. She always was really scared when giving people presents as she was paranoid that they wouldn't like them.

It was something she loved doing but also dreaded at the same time. She was also dreading the party tonight, apparently Toby had told her that she needed to look as beautiful as she could — not that she didn't look beautiful anyway — it was so Remus could openly flirt with her in the party and declare his interest in her.

What they didn't realise was that there was a full moon coming up and in all honesty Remus didn't even want the party tonight. Of course, coming of age was monumental but becoming of age when you were a werewolf was just the day you were reminded how much of an outcast you were to become.

Of course, after Ally and Remus' deep and meaningful conversation in the kitchens about werewolf legislation he had started to see his self worth a little bit but he still knew what he truly was and he didn't want to ever risk hurting Ally no matter how much feeling she held towards her.

"Moony why are you moping? You're seventeen, you've got yourself a beautiful girl that could potentially be your girlfriend soon and there's a party! Lighten up!" Sirius pointed out