47.

{.47. Moment of truth}

Trigger: anxiety, ptsd, survivors guilt

It was the last week before Christmas and things were in full swing at Hogwarts, Ally had some Christmas tests and everyone was in a massive stress mode buying last minute presents

Ally was prepared though, she had sent owl orders for all her family members and had sent owls which gave Toby and Luke's presents in the post to Hogwarts. Normally, ally and Toby would exchange presents in the Hufflepuff common room but this year because Luke was staying with Toby to include him they decided to wait until they saw each other after Christmas but still send each other one present on Christmas Day like always.

Both Toby and Luke had heard back from their applications for things they had applied for after Hogwarts too, which was disheartening for Ally because she truly wanted to try get in the ministry. She was really happy for the two boys who had their career paths sorted but she knew at this point if she hadn't heard back it's because she wasn't being offered a place.

Caspian had heard back almost instantly when he had applied for a job in the auror department and so had Sirius and James so it was really infuriating that Ally just applied to the worst department for communication.

"I'm going to go to perseus' office. I'll see you guys later okay?" She said to Toby and Luke who were revising for their last Christmas test

The boys both nodded and Ally pressed a kiss to their cheeks before she headed over to Perseus' office with a skip in her step. She hadn't caught up with Perseus properly for a little while and she absolutely loved being able to speak to her eldest brother, she felt it's what kept them close. There was quite a big age difference of sixteen years between Perseus and Alcyone so naturally it was as if Perseus could have been her dad and to a point he was. However, she would trust him more than their dad and it wasn't Arcturus' fault because he'd been a great dad to Ally recently. He'd been writing her letters and he'd tried so hard to make a conscious effort with his daughter and youngest son and Ally was happy. She was appreciative that her dad was trying and she couldn't help but want to plan things for the Christmas, Easter and summer holidays.

But she'd never be able to forget what Perseus had done for her over the years.  Perseus was the one who financed all of her ballet lessons in the Muggle world, he was the one that taught her manners and how to behave properly, he was the one that would take her on Muggle school trips and accompany them when they were short on staff. Perseus Montague was a role model to Ally and it's why she initially wanted to go into arithmancy because she felt like she owed Perseus that. He had taught her so much her entire life why wouldn't she want to follow in his footsteps?