74.

{.74. The life and death of Mr and Mrs Potter}

trigger: ptsd, death, might need tissues

Sirius' birthday had been a quiet affair that year, he had opted to spend the day with the Potter's and friends and partners of the Marauders

Sirius' birthday had been a quiet affair that year, he had opted to spend the day with the Potter's and friends and partners of the Marauders. It had been a lovely day and both Fleamont and Euphemia Potter were happy to see Sirius in his element with his brothers.

Ally had bought Sirius a new leather jacket for his birthday, it had some patterns sewn into the side which had like his favourite bands or some quirky quotes. The jacket looked incredibly badass — Ally could have sworn if she didn't love the bones off of Remus Lupin she would have found Sirius slightly sexy. Sirius had loved it and he was extremely grateful yet again that he was friends with Alcyone Montague.

It was the end of November though when Ally was visiting the Potter's after her morning at school. She was progressing really well in her teacher training and she had actually begun taking starter lessons with Perseus and teaching full lessons too.

She knocked the front door to Potter Cottage and James opened the door in a flap.

"Alright Jamie?" She asked with a smile, bringing in a basket of goodies for Fleamont and Euphemia

"Do you know how to see if bread is ready?" He asked her in a flap

"Nope but we can try," she told him as she walked in "where's Sirius?" She asked

"In the shower, he's going to try the motorbike we got him soon." He told her

Ally nodded, the full moon was coming up. Remus had been working in a café in the muggle world for the time being to earn some money. He wanted to be able to contribute to dates with Ally.  He was extremely defeatist in the fact that he'd have to quit soon but Ally was encouraging him to at least try.

"Who's the bread for? Mia and Monty?" She asked, James just nodded silently

Ally watched as he pulled the bread out of the oven and she looked at it with a raised brow. It wasn't James' best work if she was being honest but Merlin loved a trier. She grabbed a knife and placed it in the middle of the bread. James let out a scream and ally looked up at him in fright.

"What the bloody hell was that for?" She scolded

"What are you doing?" He asked in horror, grabbing the knife gently from her hands once he got over the initial shock