- 0.4

{.0.4. Fourth Year}

Alcyone Montague hated attention

Alcyone Montague hated attention. She didn't like any forms of attention on her; especially not after the Boggart incident. She felt like any forms of attention were unnecessary and a nuisance; which is why on her fourteenth birthday she was hiding in the flower garden of their family grounds hiding from her family members who had wanted to throw her a birthday party.

She had been hiding from Arcturus who she had been scared of since the Boggart and it wasn't his fault but she didn't want to think of him being embarrassed by her. She knew that she was the reason that their mother died, she didn't like being constantly reminded of it.

"What you doing out here?" Alcyone looked up from the flower she was holding and smiled at Sirius

"I don't want to be in there," she said simply

Sirius nodded taking the flower from her hand and placing it in her hair. He smiled and shot her a wink. She rolled her eyes knowing that Sirius was a flirt.

"I don't like your birthdays too much either, I always have to behave and look good because you all like Reggie," he groaned

Alcyone was confused at what that meant. She didn't realise that her birthdays were being held at such a standard that made Sirius have to behave?

Alcyone knew that Orion and Walburga were pureblood dicks and Sirius wasn't into all that, he was always making it known that he most definitely wasn't like his awful parents but what had he even meant by Alcyone liking Reggie? They were friends, of course they liked one another.

"I mean you don't really have to behave, I know Atlas thinks you're funny, and we quite like you too," she said with a small smile

"Atlas loves that the attention isn't on him for once," he teased nudging her shoulder

"I'm serious! Nobody can force you to behave anyway,"

"No, I'll have you know that I'm Sirius!"

Alcyone looked at him with a raised eyebrow, biting her lip before she burst into laughter. She had never even thought of Sirius' name being a pun, she thought it was hilarious.

Sirius smiled as he realised that he'd made the girl laugh which was his goal all along and he was happy that he helped her out. He grinned and went to say something when he heard a clearing of a throat.

"Sirius, mother wants you inside and Alcyone, your uncle is leaving now they want you to come back in," regulus said with indifference