55.

{.55. Hogsmeade}

Content warning: mature themes of consent, contraception

This year the Valentine Hogsmeade fell the weekend before Valentine's Day

This year the Valentine Hogsmeade fell the weekend before Valentine's Day. Ally and Remus had decided that they would watch the moon in the astronomy tower with strawberries and chocolate — their favourites.

This month the full moon was going to be on the 23rd Of February and Ally had worked out it would reach its apex just after 1 am which meant Remus wouldn't have to go to the shrieking shack as early thankfully.

She always worried about him and she wished she knew ways to keep him safe because offering him comfort after a full moon sometimes just didn't feel like it was enough. His whole body ached and even though Caspian was sending in the Wolfsbane potion for him every month he still struggled getting used to the dosage and getting used to the potion in his body. In all honesty Remus didn't think it was enough but he wouldn't dare say anything, he was appreciative enough that they were making it for him in the first place.

But today was Hogsmeade and all of Ally's friends were flocking to the village but she had decided to stay up at the school. She hadn't visited the village since the last time they had been there and that was with her dad before Christmas.

She didn't want to tarnish that memory.

She didn't want to risk having a run-in with Arlo Jones or risk seeing Severus Snape and have him say something derogatory to her. She wanted to keep Hogsmeade as a precious reminder of her dad.

Remus had understood this when she had explained to him why she didn't want to go despite it being the Valentine Hogsmeade he truly did understand. His heart broke for the girl and he truly couldn't imagine the pain that she was going through every single time she thought about her dad. She liked talking about him and their memories, it was better than not mentioning him at all but she wanted to protect the memories that she had of him as best as she possibly could.

"Now Ally, are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?" Toby asked running his hands up and down her arms

It didn't sit right with Toby leaving her alone, he knew she wasn't on the headspace to be coddled but he also knew that she shouldn't be left alone either.  They didn't know what she would do, and they had all noticed her magic go slightly haywire, when they thought she hadn't.

"Tobes it's fine, I'll start revising for my NEWTs and maybe get a nap in," she smiled

"We feel so bad leaving you though Ally," Luke said