18.

{.18. Pureblood ball}

Trigger warning: violence, panic attacks, mentions of torture

To Remus Lupin,

Merry Christmas Remus. I hope you have a splendid day with your family and indulge in all things chocolatey — I hope you have a massive chocolate cake, that would make me so happy or anything Italian, have you tried Italian chocolate? Please let me know and if you haven't I can get some imported for you. I am writing to you because, well, I made you a present. I know it isn't much in comparison to what I could have given you but I thought this was a little more meaningful.

Anyway, please give my best wishes to Mr and Mrs Lupin and I hope Christmas is splendid and you see Sirius, James and Peter soon. You guys are funny and I love your friendships. Please don't feel like you have to like the gift, my 'arts and craft' skills as the muggles call it aren't very good. My brother, Wolf, is the artist in this family, he taught me how to mix my first set of paints. It is safe to say though that I didn't quite take to painting like he did.

The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to Remus. Share your worries. Merry Christmas my friend.

Yours sincerely,
Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague (Cece) x

"Who are you writing to?" Oberon asked as he grabbed the piece of parchment from under Ally's hands.

"Obey give it back!" She snapped

How embarrassing! She didn't want her brothers knowing that she was writing to a boy. The absolute horror especially when Remus Lupin was a friend! She hasn't seen the marauders since before she left for Christmas because she had sat the whole way back with Toby and Luke. They'd both decided to 'break up' after Christmas as they had both realised neither of them were very good at pretending to be in a relationship.

Ally was fine with this though, it made her life easier so she could focus on her magic. It didn't stop her from giving both Toby and Luke hugs and kisses at kings cross when Wolf had come to get her and Caspian at the platform.

Talking of Wolf, he hadn't taken the news of his impending fatherhood too well. He was convinced that Jasmine had been with someone else but because he was the richest one that she was trying to take advantage of that. Ally told him that it was an awful attitude to have thinking that someone would do that to their family and he had soon apologised.

Their dad was doing better now too. Arcturus Montague had completely stopped drinking and the news was that his weekly checkups could stop as long as they see a continuous decrease in his blood pressure. That made Ally happy, knowing that her father was alright.