43.

{.43. Padfoot's birthday or Halloween}

Triggers: alcohol, smoking

Ally had been feeling very disheartened after her argument with Sirius

Ally had been feeling very disheartened after her argument with Sirius. She didn't want to go to the Halloween party tonight either because she knew it was for Sirius and obviously she had presents for him but she didn't like his outlook on things with Regulus or her family. She knew Sirius had a different viewpoint but it just wasn't fair. She wished that Sirius could have some sympathy for regulus because they might relate to each other more than they had ever thought.

Ally was currently dressed in a bright pink dress with knee high boots and had her hair styled in a beehive so that she could be involved in the party because despite everything she wouldn't spoil costumes when her friends were this excited. She was nervous to have a party in Gryffindor tower especially after Remus' birthday so she was worried but she felt more confident this time. She had picked out her costume and she felt pretty in it. This was also her first public event with Remus as her boyfriend.

She was excited, the two hadn't made their relationship public yet, they rarely snogged in the corridor but according to everyone else they still just looked like friends. Ally didn't know if she liked that idea but she knew that she got to kiss Remus Lupin either way.

The trio head over from Ravenclaw tower — where they had been getting ready — and Ally held Luke's hand tightly in the way over. The trio were laughing and having a few jokes until they get outside Gryffindor tower.

"Ally, you'll be safe sweetie, I promise." Toby reassured.

Toby had decided not to drink tonight because he didn't want too and he started to realise Ally was slightly more naive than was previously thought so they didn't know what was going to happen. Both Toby and Luke were concerned for her and they thought if she was drunk and impressionable enough then anything could be said to her that would make her join the dark side. They didn't want that at all.

Ally smiled up at Toby and walked in holding Sirius' presents in the other hand, the trio were aware they were early but it gave them the opportunity to talk to the marauders before it got too messy. Luke said the password to Gryffindor tower and the trio walked through the portrait with confidence. As ally had heard someone say before — fake it until you make it.

Gryffindor tower looked marvellous, it was filled with Halloween decorations and the leftover of remains of pranks they had pulled on people. Ally smiled she thought the room had been like the marauders had made their mark on the place and she wouldn't be surprised if Hogwarts was boring without them. 

She followed the boys to the marauders dorm and beamed when she saw Remus in his flares. He pressed a kiss to her forehead and gestured them into the room. Ally and Remus were a very low-key couple everybody around them had noticed that. They liked doing things that were very minuscule, for example they wouldn't kiss in front of the group, it was always forehead or cheek kisses and occasionally Remus would kiss Ally's palm. They also didn't do very grand gestures for each other they both just relished being in each other's company and that was that.