17.

{.17. The night before Christmas}

Alcyone Montague was in her last lesson with Professor McGonagall before the Christmas holidays

Alcyone Montague was in her last lesson with Professor McGonagall before the Christmas holidays. She had even invited Toby along as Professor McGonagall wanted her to practice the stupefy spell one more time with a wand. They had been practicing against dummies up until now but Professor McGonagall thought she was ready.

Ally did not think she was ready.

This was down to the fact she had put Toby in the hospital wing already trying to practice before and she truly believed that her lack of confidence was just not helping her to be able to do it. Toby was all excited, he was the best friend Ally could have and she truly valued his friendship, but he knew that she was able to do it. Which was why she was so excited to give him his Christmas presents after this meeting.

Professor McGonagall had told the two to take duelling stances but Toby was not to shoot a spell until Ally gained confidence. Toby understood and was excited, he loved seeing Ally perform her magic — with a wand or wandless he thought she was brilliant.

Toby now stood on the other side of the room and gave her a cheeky grin. She couldn't help but stifle a laugh as Professor McGonagall was explaining the rules and she nodded every so often so that she looked as if she was listening.

"Ready Ally?" He asked

"Of course," she grinned

She wasn't.

However, Professor McGonagall was smiling at the two as she saw that Ally's confidence had soared in the presence of her best friend. Professor McGonagall began to count down and Ally raised her wand ready. She thought if she at least faked confidence she'd be able to do it so Ally smirked. She had no idea how she was going to perform this spell but she had hope. She had to, otherwise she'd never be a good witch and that's all she bloody wanted to do.

Professor McGonagall got down to one and Ally Montague shouted a stupefy and to her surprise something happened as she went flying back and so had Toby. Ally whacked her back against the door to the Transfiguration classroom landing to the floor with a thud. Toby stood up quickly and let out a loud 'whoop' as he ran over to help Ally up.

"You done it sweets!" He cheered spinning her around when he managed to get her from the floor

"Well, while Miss Montague performed the stupefy spell, she did not execute it perfectly. However, as it is Christmas  and it was Miss Montague's best attempt to date, you both may leave," she said smiling at the two friends who had their arms tightly around one another