76.

{.76. Christmas at Hogwarts}

Trigger: slurs

Alcyone Montague had grown up feeling quite neutral about Christmas, it wasn't her favourite holiday but being around her whole family always warmed her heart

The feeling changed after last year, she felt herself coming to dread Christmas this year. For starters, it was the anniversary of her fathers death but she just couldn't bring herself to want to enjoy with everything going on.

Remus had quit his job, to be honest, Ally didn't blame him. She felt sorry for him, he had been waking up with nightmares and the moon cycle wasn't helping him. She felt awful for him but all she could do was be there to support him.

She was currently in her seventh year arithmancy lesson and Regulus was in the lesson. Ally couldn't believe how pale he was and how gaunt he had came to look but she could never address it in school. In Hogwarts she was his teacher, not his friend. It was worrying though because she wished she could do something to help.

"Right so I'm going to give you homework, I want an essay on this topic, three pieces of parchment by after Christmas please." She told the class, she had earned a bunch of groans but she knew it was important for them to have essays ready for when it came to their NEWT exams.

The end of the lesson went by in a flash and Perseus gave her feedback quickly. He had heard about what had happened to Remus and he wanted to ensure that his sister was safe in the new house. He didn't like being out of the loop while he was at Hogwarts, he felt as if he couldn't make sure everything was okay.

She was cleaning up her things after the lesson and was just about to leave when Perseus called her back. She smiled at her brother and took a seat on the desk.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked

"No sweetie, I just want to check that you're doing okay." He told her

"Oh yes. I'm fine Persey. If I'm being honest, I'm just super tired at the moment. Remus is having nightmares and I'm constantly worried," she explained

Perseus nodded. He could understand about the anxiety they were having. It must have been terrifying for them to have gone through that. Perseus wished they would all be able to get a break but with the impending meeting on Christmas Eve, they weren't too sure it was going to become any easier.

"If ever you guys need an extra head around yours let me know and I can stay yeah?" He asked and Ally nodded enthusiastically