28.

{.28. Defence}

Content warning: slurs, swearing, uncomfortable conversations

Alcyone Montague hated school, what she hated the most was Defence

Alcyone Montague hated school, what she hated the most was Defence. She was absolutely rubbish at defensive spells with a wand and the teacher would constantly ridicule her for it — but for some reason defence had been made compulsory after all the happenings in the outside world so Ally had no choice but to take it.

She was sat next to Toby who had been helping her perfect depulso when Snape had caused a stir in the classroom as he randomly asked how you would kill a werewolf. Ally was absolutely disgusted but she stayed quiet at first to listen to the conversation even though she didn't think it was appropriate.

Her skin absolutely crawled when she heard Snape call them murderous beasts. How dare he? She had thought. She thought that Snape had absolutely no right to talk in matters he wasn't educated on. Ally had heard of the pedophile called Fenrir Greyback, she wouldn't mince her words because that's what he was — a nasty pedophile.

He prayed on innocent young children and gave them the bite to be nothing more than an absolute coward to make him feel better about himself. Ally thought it was the likes of him that gave werewolf's a bad name.

These people were sick and the introduction of the Wolfsbane potion which allowed the werewolf's to transition safely each month meant that they shouldn't be stigmatised like they were.

Ally truly hated the thought of innocent people suffering and getting tarnished with the same brush as Greyback just because he was an arse.

"But Professor, don't you think the world is better off without half-breeds?" Snape goaded

"That's enough," ally spoke up

Up until that point it had been James and Sirius arguing back with Snape while the professor watched on as he deemed it 'healthy debate' — there was nothing healthy about it! It was disgusting what Snape was saying.

The class turned around to look at Ally, it was strange for her to speak up. She always thought she'd be the type of person to sit and be quiet because she despised conflict. It made her so incredibly anxious and flummoxed but she couldn't allow Snape to be like this any longer, to fuel prejudices. It was wrong.

The Montague's had spent their whole lives fighting their societal norms and they would continue to do so. This matter was incredibly personal to Ally anyway, Oberon had previously had a run in with Greyback on an Auror mission when they tried to capture him and he could have easily become a werewolf, her brother Wolf, he may not be a werewolf but his animagus was still a wolf and he helped some of the children through the transition in some camps where the shunned werewolfves resided. There was nothing wrong with them, they were just Ill.