10.

{.10. The Life of Arcturus Montague}

Warning: mentions of fertility issues and alcohol abuse

Growing up Arcturus Montague had the idea of blood purity forced and ingrained upon him through the stories his parents told him

Growing up Arcturus Montague had the idea of blood purity forced and ingrained upon him through the stories his parents told him. He was not to speak to Muggles, he was not to look at Muggles and he was not to touch or be near Muggles. When he arrived at Hogwarts the sorting hat barely took a second before it announced him as the next Slytherin in the Ancient and Most Noble House of Montague and the rest was history.

When he was sixteen years old the idea of being part of a betrothal was first mentioned in his Manor House. Up until this stage, Arcturus Montague had never even thought about life after Hogwarts let alone getting married. His thoughts had been consumed by Estrella Avery who was the pretty Slytherin girl in his year. He knew that she was a pureblood but he hadn't had the chance to ask her for a dinner date to Hogsmeade as he had always felt just slightly shy about it.

Upon his arrival back at Hogwarts in his sixth year he wasted absolutely no time in asking Estrella Avery to go on a date with him, forgetting about his shyness once and for all, then the rest was history. The two were married when they left Hogwarts and they owned Montague Mansion after the wedding. Everything was perfect for the young slytherin couple — or so they thought.

The biggest struggle that the Montague's had to face was  conceiving a child. Estrella Montague yearned to be a mother and Arcturus knew this. He was willing to do anything for Estrella to become a mother and for them to have a family. He was willing to even go to the Muggle world to be able to see why Estrella couldn't carry a child. Which is what they had done, Arcturus needed answers and they knew this was more important than blood prejudice.

They had gone to the Muggle world after the healers in St Mungos said they were unsure, but it wasn't the news that they had wanted to hear — Estrella Montague was told she was infertile. This broke the woman's heart and Arcturus' too, being a father was something he didn't know he had longed for either. What they had longed for just didn't seem achievable but Arcturus had wanted to make sure that his wife was first and foremost alright. She was his priority, nothing else.

Then a year later the inevitable happened. Estrella Montague was pregnant with their first child. They had been elated and their news couldn't have been at a better time for them. Nine months later their first born son was born, he was perfect. They were now a family, they didn't need anything else.

They called their first born son Perseus, originally Perseus meant to destroy but they had looked at the constellation story and Perseus was a Greek hero and that was what their little baby was. Perseus Montague was truly their shining light and he brought the family so much joy.