22.

{.22. Expelliarmus}

 James potter couldn't believe that Remus Lupin had rejected Alcyone Montague

James potter couldn't believe that Remus Lupin had rejected Alcyone Montague. He felt sorry for the girl as he knew what rejection felt like all too well, he had been rejected by Lily enough times. However, he knew that Ally was a little ball of sunshine and he couldn't imagine the hurt she must have been feeling when Remus rejected her and it wasn't even a good rejection. Why would Remus Lupin have a date when he had asked his mother to knit Ally a cardigan?

It made no sense, none at all but James didn't have time to think of the ins and outs as the full moon was now only two days away. He needed to talk to Ally before she sat moping the whole night, especially because she was probably under the impression that Remus was going on a date and he'd been stringing her along the entire time. He hadn't even seen her on her own at all, she had either been with Caspian, Regulus or Toby and Luke.

When he finally managed to catch her on her own it was when she was on her way to her lesson with Minnie. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into a broom cupboard, not really giving her a chance to protest.

"James get off me and let me out if I'm late for Professor McGonagall she will have my head on a stick!"

"Let me come with you and I'll talk to you about what I want to after? It's urgent Ally," James pleaded

Ally huffed but nodded anyway, she didn't want to be in a broom cupboard with James any longer than she needed to be. It made her feel very uncomfortable and she really didn't like the thought of getting caught by someone in there. She pulled James out and he followed her to the transfiguration classroom.

"Miss Montague and Mr Potter... what brings you here with Miss Montague tonight?" Professor McGonagall asked

She had noticed the budding friendship between Ally and the marauders and wondered where it had come from but she had always known that James and Sirius were social butterflies and while she thought that they were incredibly loud and troublesome, the marauders had a special place in her heart. She could see why Ally would be friendly with them, she too was an angel and Professor McGonagall thought that maybe her calmness would balance out the crazy of the marauders.

"Moral support, heard she can do the stupefy spell now and I want to experience it first hand," James teased

"Very well then, duelling stances," Professor McGonagall smirked

Ally and James both took ten big steps and bowed towards each other. James kept his wand behind his back ready to cast 'expelliarmus' and Ally was excited to see if she could still cast the spell. She hadn't practiced it since she had performed it with Toby before Christmas but now she was excited to show James up.