57.

{.57. The full moon}

Trigger: slurs, anxiety, blood, violence

The days after Valentine's Day was like everyone in their friendship group had been on a high

The days after Valentine's Day was like everyone in their friendship group had been on a high. James and Lily had made the next step in their relationship, Peter and the girl he was seeing had decided to become exclusive, Toby and Sirius were officially dating, Luke and Dorcas were going on another date and Ally and Remus were more in love than ever.

However, the impending full moon had hit Remus particularly hard and Moony had become fixated with Ally's scent. It had broken Ally's heart because she couldn't be around Remus for too long without him feeling either sick at her scent or wanting to jump her bones. Remus had always said they didn't want their first time to be because of Moony so she didn't know what she could do.

She had been giving him the wolfsbane potion but Regulus had told her that if it wasn't subduing the individual then they weren't taking a strong enough dose — she had asked him because he was a potions genius and she had posed it that it was Atlas who was struggling ( to protect Remus' secrecy). Regulus knew who it was for though, he had known for a while that Remus was a werewolf, probably before the marauders did.

"I'm just so sad I can't do anything because he's reacting to my scent!" Ally seethed as she was pacing back and forth with James

"I know love, but think tomorrow now you can nurse him back to health," James reassured

"I don't want to nurse him back to health! I want to comfort my bloody boyfriend!" She snapped massaging her temples — she was due on her period soon so she was also a lot more snappy than normal "I'm sorry Jamie, I just want to make sure he's ok but it's my natural scent he's reacting to and I just don't know how to change that," she mumbled

James wrapped his arms around her tightly as he stood up and hummed into her hair. He knew that Ally was getting frustrated, Toby and Luke were in the room with Peter and Sirius cracking jokes to Remus but she couldn't be near him. She thought that she had been making him worse and that wasn't something that she had particularly wanted to happen.

"You don't have to apologise, I know it's difficult but keeping our Moony free from frustration is the most important thing leading up to tonight," he soothed.

He knew that it was particularly hard for her and he wished there was a way that they could mask her scent but they didn't know it was possible. The only thing James could have suggested was to confuse Moony by having her wear the marauder's clothing to hide it slightly but he didn't even know if that would be successful or not.