61.

{.61. The slug club}

Triggers: anxiety, PTSD, alcohol

After Toby, Luke and Ally's emotional last yearly round-up they'd been taking every opportunity they could with all of their hands

After Toby, Luke and Ally's emotional last yearly round-up they'd been taking every opportunity they could with all of their hands. Toby was commentating on everything, luke was asking Madam Pomfrey what felt like a million questions about Muggle and magical medicine and Ally was working hard to try and perfect spells with her wand for her practical examinations.

She was worried, of course, she was. But she couldn't keep dwelling on it because she had other things going on too. Recently, when she started using hand magic her nose would start to bleed if she was completing a complicated spell, she had gone to Madame Pomfrey and asked for advice but she just gave her blood replenishing potions, probably assuming that Ally was anaemic but then it hadn't made sense with the nose bleeds. Ally didn't know but she just assumed she was stressing herself out at the moment and needed to stop.

She knew it was bad when Remus found her in the library, he had seen how hard she'd been working and he needed her to have a break. All she was doing was either with her friends embracing opportunities or studying in the library.

Remus walked up to her and gently massaged her shoulders bending down to rest his chin on her head before pressing a kiss to her hairline. He noticed that she was studying Arithmancy which would be the first NEWT exam and she brought her hand up to pat his hand.

"It's time to go to the Slug club meeting my darling," he mumbled

"I can't I need to finish this section,"

Remus frowned and let out a sigh, he wanted Ally to come to the meeting tonight, it was important to him but sometimes he thought she was incredibly oblivious to the fact that she needed breaks from studying and she was pushing everyone away. He massaged her shoulders and she groaned quietly at the pressure. She couldn't get over the fact that her NEWTs were so soon and it was causing her anxiety to feel triggered every day.

She wanted to do well, she had to do well to make her dad proud but how could she do this if she was an average student. Remus could feel the tension in her shoulders and moved his arms around her to carefully place a piece of parchment on the page she was on and placed her notes together.

"Moony what are you doing?" She groaned

"We're going to the last slug club, you've been all about embracing lasts so come with me and embrace this," he pleaded

Ally huffed and turned to look at him, she knew that she was probably being slightly selfish because Remus had specifically asked her to go with him and she wasn't even making an effort but she had to make Perseus proud. Perseus had always taught ally Arithmancy even when she was a little girl so she would never want to disappoint him so she felt so conflicted about what to do.