78.

{.78. January Blues}

Trigger: talks of self harm, smut

Back to school came around quickly and Ally was thankful to go back to normality

Back to school came around quickly and Ally was thankful to go back to normality. She had had far too many cocktails in James' New Year's Eve party and she was hungover for three days after it. She thought it was the bubble drink if she was being honest.

She had been in the flow of teaching and she was on track to pass the course a lot sooner than was planned which both she and Perseus were delighted about. To her surprise, she was actually invited into the next lot of interviews at the ministry. She was honestly so shocked as she thought they would have rejected her immediately.

She honestly didn't know if she wanted to go to the ministry anymore. She kind of wanted to go rogue and go underground and try and write things that went against the government form underground but she didn't know how she would even do that but it sounded exciting.

Ally was currently in an order meeting. It was the middle of January and she had been well and truly hit with the winter flu. Perseus had been getting potions from Professor Slughorn for her to take so she could feel better.

"It's with delight to announce that Miss Alcyone has moved onto next steps of progression in the ministry," professor Dumbledore announced.

There was a round of applause and Ally blushed. Dumbledore paused before he decided to say the next bit as he knew it wouldn't be taken very well.

"I need someone to go under cover for six months." There was a loud murmur of protests.

Nobody wanted to go undercover, it was a horrible task but Ally felt her heart sink to her stomach as she felt like she knew what the undertones were of what Dumbledore was asking.

However, she stayed silent. She didn't want to say anything because she was worried that it wasn't going in the right direction. She was terrified, she was so scared that this meant what she thought it meant.

"We need someone to go under cover in the Wolf colony." He stated

Ally dropped the cup that she had picked up. The fact of the matter was three people she truly cared about could be at risk here.

Wolf, because his animagus, atlas and Remus. She shut her eyes and tried to regulate her breathing. Jasmine had already began protesting in Wolf's defence and Oberon and Caspian were doing the same for Atlas. She realised that nobody was defending Remus yet.

"Remus isn't doing it either," she finally spoke in amongst all the commotion — her head began to throb but she couldn't work out if it was because of the flu or her anxiety.