Embo

I hadn't meant to save the Bounty Hunter, in fact I was running from him, but of course he ended up falling over the edge and I couldn't live with myself if he died because of me.

After I saved his life it was a sworn agreement that he would protect me with his life. He never said it but after he didn't kill me and allowed me to stay on his ship, it was clear to me.

"Embo, we need to stop somewhere and get fuel." I said as I walked into the cockpit.

He nodded his head and I set beside him. I crossed my legs and let out a sigh. I felt eyes on me and saw him watching me.

"It's nothing." I said softly.

He kept looking at me and I bit my lip.

"It's my birthday today." I explained.

I let out a sigh and in crossed my legs.

"This will be the first time I've not celebrated my birthday... guess it's just strange." I explained.

He nodded his head and continued to fly. We made it to a desert world and found a market place. We split up and I got groceries while he looked for a job. We met back on the ship and he took the bags from my hands.

"Thank you." I said softly.

I went over my list and double checked that I had everything before we took off. Embo walked up to me and placed a small box in my hand.

"What's this?" I asked with a frown.

He motioned for me to open it and I let out a sigh. I slowly opened it and my eyes went wide as I saw a simple bracelet. It had green and yellow on it.

"It's beautiful." I said as I looked up at him.

He took it from me and clipped it around my wrist.

"Thank you." I said as I sent him a smile.

His cheeks turned pink and I leaned up and kissed his cheek. I turned to walk away but was stopped when he grabbed my hand. He turned me to look at him and I looked up at him. He leaned his forehead against mine and closed his eyes. I smiled softly as I pulled away and looked up at him.

He said something in his language and a smile spread across my face.

"I love you too." I said softly.