Echo

I quickly ran through the group of clones and rushed towards the 501st bunker. As soon as I saw the clone I was looking for I tackled him in a hug.

"Mesh'la!" Echo exclaimed as he caught me.

"I missed you." I said as I pulled away from him.

"I missed you too. How is the bar?"

I let out a groan and he shook his head and wrapped an arm around me.

I had met Echo at 79's, when he came in with his brothers. It didn't take long for us to become best friends.

"So I heard you will be leaving soon." I said as we walked towards the bar.

"Yea, we are leaving tonight." He said calmly.

"Oh." I said as I looked at the ground.

"Cyar'ika, I promise I'll be back." He said as he gently touched my face.

I nodded my head and he went to say something but his comm went off.

"We will talk when I get back." He said before turning and walking away.

"I love you." I thought as he walked away.

A year later

I let out a sigh as I walked towards the bar. I put my hands in my pocket and looked up. It had been a year since Echo's death and I still felt like it couldn't be true. Sometimes I thought that Echo would just appear out of no where and say it was a joke, but I knew he wouldn't.

I bumped into someone and let out a yelp. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I was pulled against a chest.

"Sorry." A softy voice said.

My head shot up and I met a familiar pair of brown eyes.

"Echo?" I asked softly.

He set me up straight and looked away. I quickly put my hand to his face and forced him to look at me. His hair was gone and he looked half starved. He had bags under his eyes and he looked older then he should be.

"It's really you." I said softly.

He nodded his head and bite his lip.

"When did you get back?"

"A few weeks ago." He said as he continued to look away from me.

"Why didn't you come see me sooner?" I asked softly.

"I thought you would... be disgusted by me."

"Why? You're still my Echo."

"I don't look anything like him."

"Echo, look at me." I said as I forced him to meet my eyes.

"You will always be my Echo. You will always be the Echo I feel in love with." I said softly.

"You love me?"

I nodded my head and he smiled softly. I gently touched his cheek and leaned up and kissed him. He let out a sigh and pulled me closer.

"I love you." He whispered against my lips.

"I love you more." I said softly.

"Not poss-"

"Shut up and let me have this." I said cutting him off.

He let out a laugh and pulled me into a hug. I let out a sigh and smiled as he kissed my forehead.