Echo and Fives

I had known Fives and Echo since they came to Coruscant. I was a waitress at the time and studying to join the republic as a technician. Since we first met we were close, Fives even having Captain Rex put in a good word for me and get me a job.

It didn't take long for me to become close with the clones, even seeing most of them as my own brothers, Fives and Echo being the overprotective brother type.

Even though I had no actually blood relationship with them, I knew I could trust them and they could trust me.

"I hate that you guys are leaving me." I said as I walked beside Echo and Fives.

"Only be a few days (N/n)." Fives said playfully.

"Stop bullying her, Fives." Echo said as he shook his head.

"I have to, as my job as older brother-"

"Rex is older." I said cutting him off.

"Rex isn't your brother."

"Yes I am!" A voice yelled.

Fives let out a sigh and shook his head.

"All the clones are like her brother, moron." Echo said as he shook his head.

"We are her favorite though!" Fives said happily.

"Cody is my favorite." I said playfully.

"Traitor!" Rex yelled from across the room.

I let out a laugh and followed them to a big room.

"Guess this is goodbye." Echo said with a small smile.

"Not goodbye, I'll see you later." I said as I patted his shoulder.

I didn't see him later though, Echo ended up getting killed. Leaving both me and the 501st to mourn for him.

"Fives?" I asked as I knocked on his door.

The door opened and I saw tears streaming down his face. I quickly pulled him into a hug and held onto him.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered as I closed my eyes.

A few months later

My heart stopped as I saw Fives. He looked sick and he was pacing back and forth.

"Fives, talk to me." I said as I took his hands.

"No! They are using us. They have chips in our heads!" He yelled as he pushed me away.

"How can I help?" I asked softly.

"You have to free us....you have to promise me you will free them... from this chip... from this slavery!" He yelled angrily.

"I will... I promise you." I said as I gently squeezed his hand.

He nodded his head and sent me a smile.

"I have to go tell the General and the Captain." He said softly.

"Fives-"

"I love you little sis." He said as he kissed my forehead.

He walked away, and I knew he wouldn't be back. I felt tears well up as I fell to the ground and let out a sob. Two hours later, Rex came to my room and I knew by his face that Fives was gone. He quickly pulled me into a hug and held me tightly.

Few months later

When the news came through I was quickly got on a ship and headed out to meet Rex and the Bad Batch. As soon as I landed I rushed to their ship.

"When do we leave?" I asked quickly.

"Now, welcome aboard." Skywalker said with a nod of his head.

There was no reason for me to come and he knew it, but he also knew my relationship with Echo and knew he couldn't stop me. When we made it inside the facility and my eyes landed on Echo I fell to the ground in front of him and hugged him.

"Hey, (Y/n)." He said with a smile.

"I told you I'd see you again." I said softly.

He let out a light laugh and gently hugged me back.

"You ever scare me like that again and I'll end you." I said softly.

I helped him stand and we quickly made it out. When he decided to join the Bad Batch I joined them with him and together we found out about the chips and put a stop to Palpatine.

A year later

I let out a sigh as I stood over a large stone with a bunch of names and numbers.

"You okay?" A voice asked.

"Yea, just wanted to pay my respects to our brother." I said as Echo put an arm around me.

"He would be proud of us."

"Yea... He would." I said as I sent Echo a gentle smile.