Rex

I've never done one of these before so bare with me.

Rex felt his legs carry him to your room. He opened the door and let out a sigh as he walked inside and set down on the bed.

His hands ghosted over the pillow and then he laid back and stared at the ceiling. He put his hand under the pillow and frowned as he felt a piece of paper.

He stood up and looked at the piece of paper. He slowly opened it and his eyes went wide as he saw it was addressed to him.

Dear Rex,

If you are reading this, I am dead. Something told me that this mission would end badly... but I knew I had to still try. I had to try and help people.

My parents once told me that if you knew there was a chance you wouldn't see someone again, that you should write them a letter... and that's what I'm doing.

Flash back

"Go!" I yelled as I shot at the stormtroopers.

"Not without you!" Rex yelled angrily.

"I'll be fine! I promise!" I yelled as I sent him a small smile.

"I-"

"Just go!"

He nodded his head and turned and ran out of the room. I quickly shot another trooper and then took cover.

End Flashback

I'm writing you a letter... a letter to tell you just how much I love you.

Since we met I felt a spark in my heart. I can still remember almost shooting you... Sabine says that is how I show that I like someone.

Flashback

"This place is about to blow! We have to leave now!" Rex yelled through the comm.

"I'm not gonna make it." I said softly.

"(Y/n)-"

"I got shot... I can't.. Rex I can't move my leg." I said softly.

"I'm coming to get you."

"No! If you come you will die... you have to leave me."

"I won't leave you... I can't. Just hold on and I'll-"

"Rex please.... leave... don't die for me." I said as I felt tears stream down my face.

"I can't.. I can't lose you."

End Flashback

Ezra says that I just ignore the person until they finally confront me.

I always waited for you to confront me, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Flashback

I let out a sigh and looked at the blaster in my hand.

"I'm sorry Rex." I said softly.

"I'm almost there, just hold on." He said through the comm.

"Tell everyone... I love them." I said before I stood up and shot at the troopers.

The last thing I felt was a pain in my chest and then I heard Rex yell my name.

End Flashback

You are probably one of the kindest men I have ever met. You are a strong leader and a great soldier. I know that we can win this war... just... keep fighting... for me.

I'm sorry this is how you learn how much you meant to me.... I love you Captain Rex... and my heart will always be yours.

Love (Y/n) (L/n)

Tears streamed down Rex's face and he dropped the letter. He quickly covered his face and let out a sob.

"I love you too." He whispered through tears.