Scars; Isabelle

Pan and I returned to our room. We walked through the streets in silence. "You look beautiful," he told me and I squeezed his hand and leaned against him. I didn't say anything, "You are you know?" he said to me again. I didn't respond then. "You won't say anything to me?" he asked and I put my head in his shoulder and shook my head. He stopped in the street and titled my head up so I was looking at him. "Why not?"

"I'm afraid," I whispered to him.

"Oh what?" he asked brushing the hair from my face.

"These," I said holding up my burnt wrists "And what you think of them or me, or any of the other many things I have like this."

"You know I don't care," he said putting his face against mine so our noses were touching, "You know I'm just the same." He kissed me.

I could feel the tears welling in my eyes and felt the warm water fall down my cold cheeks as we walked back to where we were staying. I opened the door and I moved quickly to get away from him, but he grabbed my arm "What's wrong? Isabelle why are you crying?" I sighed but it came out as more of a cough of sobbs and he drew me to his chest and held me for a moment.

He let me go and I sat down on the edge of the bed. He walked around and removed the tux and returned to the clothes he normally wore. "Please talk to me?" He said and tried to wipe the tears from my face but failed cause more just came.

"Look at me!" I cried and ran my fingers through my hair. "Look at what they did to me!" I showed my still healing burned wrists.

"Isabelle, you've seen my scars. I have my own scars, I've told you what my father did and why I killed him," he said, taking my hands and drawing circles on my palms with his own fingers.

"I know, I know," I coughed and more sobs came. "These burns will always be here, they will never go away! Not this either!" I cried to him yanking my hands back and showing the mark that showed due to my dress. I felt his fingers trace the symbol that had been branded on me so long ago.

"Isabelle, if you don't want them to see why do you wear the dress that you have?" he asked not to be mean but was curious because it showed more.

"You bought me that cloak Pan, it's how I hide." I whispered and dropped my head into my hands. He pulled me close and rested his head on top of mine.

"There is no need to hide," He told me and kissed the top of my head.

"You keep yours hidden, Henry has his mark in a spot no one sees, Alec covers his mark with a sleeve. Everyone hides their marks and scars." I said.

"Don't hide from me, Please?" he asked me and I moved so that my face was now in his chest and I put my arms around his torso and tried to slow down my breathing and breathe him in but it didn't help, I just got worse.

I pulled away looking at his face. "Do you know what they did to me?" I sobbed looking at him. He shook his head. "You've seen my scars! How would you not?" I yelled and sobbed and sounded like a mess.

"What did they do? Tell me please?" He asked.

"They tortured me Pan, punished me for betraying the cult, the put me in those shackles because I bit a guard once and they thought that being burnt continuously would solve that problem, I was poked at with hot needles the would scrape my stomach with knives only just enough to draw blood," I stopped to try and collect myself but fell apart again. I could still feel the pain of the knives and the hot needles and pokers.

Pan grabbed me and pulled me close. "It's over now, it's all over, you won't have to go through it again, yes, you'll have scars, I have scars, I bet even Moira has scars though some scars you can't see. You'll be alright."

"How can I be alright? They took everything from me and they destroyed my life and I can't live like this!" I cried.

"Yes you can. You can live, I promise you will live. And being with me, are you sure that's ruined? That us saving you, and you even meeting me, you think that's not good? That your life is destroyed?" His voice seemed to change a little, that's when I knew I upset him too. Though he tried to hide what pain my words had caused him I could tell.

"Pan it's not, I found you, and I'm so lucky to have had you come my way," I hugged him tight so he knew I meant it, "Everything is gone, I don't know what I am doing anymore, I can't go back there," I said, and let out several more sobs.

"You won't, you won't go back there, we will stop them from doing this to anyone else, we will take their power from them, if I have any say in it, you will not go back there, I promise." He told me and kissed the top of my head.

He let me go and got out of bed, he lifted up the cover and got in, "Come here," He told me, I came in and curled up with him, "I love you," he whispered. I sobbed more at his words, I tried to tell him that I loved him too, but I couldn't. "I know," he said, he seemed to know what I was saying.

We laid there longer in silence letting the quiet night surround us. I could feel his fingers trace the scars on my back and the mark that would haunt me forever, I flinched when he reached a still fresh one, "sorry" he whispered and continued his tracing.

I fell asleep to his soft touch on my back. 

Buying, Stealing, Flirting An Adventure of a lifetime.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें