Isabelle

We split up from the group. And this part of our group headed to the Duchess. Alec kept insisting that he go alone. I would not let that happen, he didn't know what he was doing or what he was getting himself into. So I insisted I go too. Pan and Moira and Gale kept themselves hidden but were able to be close enough to hear.

Alec knocked on the door and a young girl, who seemed to be a servant opened the door. "Hello?" the girl said to us.

"Hello we would like to see the duchess." Alec said to her.

"Sorry, she's busy." The girl replied. Alec thought to himself for a moment, then he rolled up his sleeve showing the mark, instinctively I pulled my cloak closer around me covering my wrists.

"Have you seen this before?" He asked the girl. Her eyes widened and she nodded quickly. "Then you see why this was urgent," it came out as almost a low growl. The girl seemed terrified but I could understand why, I was a little too.

"I'll be right back," The girl said quickly, she shut the door and ran off. It had been maybe twenty minutes when the door finally opened again, A woman stood there, she was tall and her hair was long and black.

She looked at us, "What do you want?" She said angrily.

"We wanted to ask you a few questions." Alec said. He said that we came from the cult to check up on them, and that was the worst lie he could have made, he didn't know what we were doing.

I clenched my fists in my cloak as they kept talking. I could hear the anger growing in her voice as she saw through Alec's lies, "Have you conceived yet?" I asked her.

"No, My incompitent husband, Ugh!" She screamed.

"Your husband? May we speak to him?" Alec asked her.

"No!" She said to us and slammed the door.

I could see the anger on Alec's face, all the sudden. He disappeared. I heard him inside all the sudden there were guards bursting through the door. Myself Moira and Isabelle followed inside and were quickly surrounded as well. There were ten guards around us Alec was whispering to her and had a knife to her throat.

"Alec you need to-" Pan started to say.

"Shut up!" He said to us all, quickly I looked sideways and whispered a few words and Alec froze. He couldn't speak or move. Quickly I ran to the Duchess and released her from Alec's grip and we grabbed Alec and dragged him out. As soon as we were outside the spell wore off.

"You didn't know what you were doing and saying! You haven't been part of this thing for years! You idiot!" I yelled at him and stormed off towards the beach. Pan followed.

"Isabelle, wait!" He called after me.

"What Pan?" I screamed and my face and cheeks were hot. I wasn't entirely sure why I was upset. I kept walking until I was almost at the water and I sat down in the sand. I wrapped my cloak around myself and pulled my knees to my chest, setting my head on them and I stared out at the water.

"Oh, Isabelle, please talk to me," He said and I felt him sit down next to me and wrap his arms around me.

"He's an Idiot!" I said my frustration was making me heat up a lot.

"Listen, he didn't know what he was doing and he seemed to be as angry as you were, I think maybe something was going on with him too." Pan said and squeezed me tighter.

"Okay," I whispered as the hot tears poured from my face. He sat there and held me until I had cried myself out, "I have an idea," I told him.

"What is it?" he asked me.

"Let's leave the duchess a letter telling her we will have dinner with her to apologize to her, duchess to duchess, we will tell her to send us a messenger if she agrees telling us when and where, and we should probably get cleaned up a little." I told him.

"That sounds like a great idea," he told me, so we started on our way.