Willow

I was woken up because Wallace had tried to get up and I moved to put my arms around him again, I found him he was squishier now though I wondered how he did that and I fell asleep again. When I woke up he was gone and I was holding the stuffed dragon and stuffed unicorn he had bought me. I put something a little more appropriate on. I found a nice muffin sitting on the nightstand.

I walked through the castle holding my stuffed animals and eating the muffin. I watched Henry leave the library I went in to see if everyone else was in there. I found Alec half asleep on the couch. He sat up and looked at me. He held out his unicorn that looked like mine and they bumped horns. He laid down again, his hangover must have been just as bad as mine then, I laid down on top of him and cuddled in and fell asleep.

I was rudely awoken by the arrival of Clerik in the room, a boy stood behind him, long dark brown hair that hung in his green eyes, he looked so familiar, he looked like my old friend... "Kyle?" I whispered looking past Clerik. I started smacking Alec and saying "Wake up, come on, Alec, wake up,"

"Kyle don't be scared," Clerik said looking at him. I stood up and sort of staggered. "Let me help you with that," Clerik said and then he touched my forehead and my hangover was gone.

"Oh I wish I'd had that all my life," I said, feeling much better. That's when Wallace walked into the room. Clerik told me what had happened. The short version at least. When Wallace came in I turned to him, "You were going to kill me? When he had all intentions of stopping anyone who came near me," I said.

"He is weak of mind and strong of heart. He could be used against us against you," Wallace told me. Like that justified killing him.

"You're dismissed," I said. I didn't feel like arguing so I dismissed them, Clerik had sat down and fallen asleep again. Once Wallace was gone I sat with Kyle and we spoke quietly so that Alec and Clerik could sleep.

We talked about Cain and we contemplated what happened to Lizzy, I didn't want to know. The whole time I am able to keep myself composed. I haven't thought about Cain or Lizzy or Kyle since I went into the tower, it had only been 4 years but everything changed that day.

After we talked I made sure he was escorted home and told him to send for me if people, my people, went after him again and I went up to Wallace's lab. To talk with him. I knocked on the door. He opened and I stood there just looking at him, "Why did you think it better to kill Kyle?" I asked him.

"He was a risk, you know him and he knows you if the wrong people got to him he could be a risk," He told me.

"He's not a risk, he is my friend! So far the only one I have left from the life I used to have!" I told him.

"Protecting you, comes first," he said to me. "Your Queen now, you have to start acting like it and you have to start protecting yourself, we have to protect you, and what Moira did today, you have to be able to control her, you have to run your country." He told me.

"I am tired of being told who to be! That's what I have been my whole life," I told him. Wallace took a breath and didn't look at me till he started to speak.

"My whole life, I was told to be no one and everyone except myself," his face changed, to Cleriks, to Kyles, to Alec's, to Cains, to Moira, to Henry, to a red tiefling I didn't recognize, then his face was grey with white hair. With every face I took a step backwards, "I'm a changeling," he said.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked him. I was walking back to him. I touched his face with my left hand making sure he could feel the ring.

"It was never important, what you know is who I am now," he said. I kissed him and traced my hand over the face I didn't know. He returned to the Wallace I knew before. "Do you want to come in?" he said taking my hand.

"No," I paused, "I uh, I have to go," I said and walked to the library again.