Isabelle

We went to dinner. We headed to the Duke and Duchesses house we had gotten cleaned up and we were ready to go. I was ready. I had done dinners like these several times before, when I was a duchess. This time. It would be better. I had Pan this time.

We got to the door, I squeezed Pans hand. I knocked on the door and as it opened I didn't say anything to them and they invited us in. The first thing I said to her was the apology that Alec asked me to give to her, she didn't say anything for a while and nodded, "I accept, tell him it's forgiven," she told me.

We sat down to a nice dinner of Pork and potatoes and some vegetables and later we had pie. I learned that their life was similar to the one I once lived; they hated each other and it turns out it was the Duke's problem he had a little trouble performing. The cult checking in on them so often wasn't helping

I could understand how they felt and I started to get nervous remembering what happened with me. I couldn't eat anything and I looked down at my wrists. I knew I told Alec and Moira I would save food for them anyway. I picked at small pieces just in case someone noticed I didn't eat.

Eventually we learned that the rumors we had heard about the king's daughter being held captive in the castle though it's guarded by the Dragon and the king hasn't been allowed to see his daughter. This is the Cults Leverage against the king. I hated hearing all this and I started to rub the burns that were starting to heal on my wrists.

"Is something wrong dear?" Pan whispered leaning in closer to me he took hold of my wrist and started to trace it.

"I'll be alright, just please let's get this over with," I replied as equally as quiet.

"Alrighty, If you need anything just ask and I'll get or do it," He told me and he left his had with mine and rubbed my hand softly with the pad of his thumb.

"Thank you love," I told him I squeezed his hand gently even though I wanted to nuzzle him and give him a kiss but I couldn't do that now.

"Do you have any other jobs besides producing an heir?" Pan asked them.

"Just keeping watch over the town," the Duke said, "Making sure they are under out control."

"What about the Military?" He asked, I was glad he was taking over the questioning at this point.

"We aren't allowed to interfere with that," Said the duchess, "That's all the cults job."

"I see," Pan said. He took my hand and stood up from the table, "Thank you for letting us ask you these questions but we should be on our way now," He said.

"Your welcome and thank you for not trying to murder me, though all is now forgiven." she said to us. We left the house and started to head down the street.

"So how did it go," there was a voice in my head, I jumped and grasped Pan's arm.

"Did you hear that?" I whispered to him.

"Oh it's probably Alec." He said to me. I looked around and I didn't see anyone, I couldn't find him. So I just called out into the night.

"Alec? Um, if that's you, I uh, don't know where you are, but um, she accepted your apology." I looked around but I couldn't figure out where he was till he used his voice to speak.

"That's good, I-" he started. "I think I am going to talk to her" I stood there with Pan for a while waiting for something else, we watched the house and at the door Alec soon appeared though, he looked, less Tiefling, a little more human. And I could see them having a conversation.

We watched for a while and soon Alec returned to us, lucky looking himself and not invisible. He asked us what we had learned and I told him what it was. He seemed very interested. And I said we should meet up with the others to tell them at some point.

He agreed and walked off to find the others, leaving Pan and I alone once again. "Are you okay?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I just." I looked down and played with his fingers. "I know what it's like to be pressured like that, what it is to live like that, what they do if you don't follow orders." I felt the warm tears fall down my cheeks yet again.

I was sick of these, the crying, I used to be stronger, I used to be braver, I used to be more brutal. But this is what they do if you betray them, they take everything you have and then they break you. "It's okay," Pan told me and pulled me into a hug. "Let's go find a place to stay," I nodded into his chest but didn't budge. "You gonna move?" He said.

"No," I giggled a little, "I like it here," I said and warped my arms around him.

"Hmm well I guess I'll just have to do this then!" He said and picked me up and carried me down the street.

We came to a small Inn no tavern or anything, just an Inn. He set me down and paid for a room, and he gave me a kiss and led us to our room. We got inside and the first thing he said was "Lay down," he said and so I laid down as I was told.

He sat down on the bed next to me, giving me a small kiss on the cheek. He pulled out his pan flute and started to play a sweet song for me. I fell asleep to the sound of the flute and later he must have joined me because I awoke with his head right next to mine and his arms and warmth surrounding me. 

Buying, Stealing, Flirting An Adventure of a lifetime.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara