Willow

I ran up to the ballroom and told everyone the party was over before I ran up the stairs all the way to my room. I made Kathy and Katie and Vippy who had followed me stay outside. I slammed the door shut. I pushed things off of tables and such and I threw the crown on the ground smashing it more, and screamed.

Wallace opened the door and came in. "I told you I didn't want to see any of you!" I screamed and I walked into the Washroom and slammed that door too. I picked up a dish of soaps and smashed that. "Willow calm down," I heard Wallace say through the door. I screamed again and kept sobbing. I opened the door, I looked at him and sobbing "I can't do this," I choked out.

"Yes you can," he said and held out his arms for me. I walked into his arms, I couldn't stand anymore my legs gave out. Wallace caught me and slowly he sank down holding me close. I mumbled into him to please let the tiny dragons in for me. He said he would and his Unseen servant opened the door and Katie and Kathy walked in and Vippy followed. He didn't look like he was doing so well. He sat in my lap and Katie and Kathy sat on my dress and wrapped their arms around my waist.

Something was wrong. Vippy was like a mopey cat. He wasn't like this. I whispered to him what was wrong and I got nothing from him. I knew there must have been something wrong with Alec. I pushed away from Wallace I got up and I changed into a small nightdress quickly noticing a tear in the dress and remembering when it happened.

And then I took off running down the stairs. Wallace the Kobolds and Clerik who I pushed passed all followed me. I got down to the dungeons and saw Alec and his boyfriend on the ground hugging. I inserted myself between them, I didn't mean to be mean to Daniel, but I needed to know what was wrong with Alec, he's one of the only friends I've had in a long time.

I squeezed in between them and hugged him. "I'm sorry I ruined your ball, I'm so sorry," He said and started crying more.

"Leave now," I said, standing up and looking at the others, all except Daniel.

"Wait, Clerik," Alec called as they started to leave the room. "Get it off me," he said holding up his hand with a gold ring. Clerik stepped forward and I saw a small glow of magic and Alec slid the ring off and stuck it in his bag. And Clerik left the room. "I'm so sorry," Alec said to me again.

"It's not your fault," Keep it together, you have to stay strong, I told myself. "You did nothing wrong, you defended your friend, your queen and yourself," I told him. "There's nothing wrong with that," I gave him a hug.

"Thank you," he whispered.

"Your Welcome," I squeezed a bit tighter and was standing now on my toes, why did he have to be so tall. "Now, I think you should put that lovely bedroom to use, since your boyfriend is here," I told him.

They left together. I stood looking at the floor for a little. Breathe Willow breathe, keep calm. I had to keep telling myself so I didn't break again. I walked upstairs. Back to my room. Katie and Kathy were waiting outside the dungeon for me and I saw Vippy come sauntering over.

I walked to my room. Holding hands with each of the little Kobolds and Vippy had climbed up onto my shoulder. We got back to my room and Clerik was sitting on the bed holding my crown in his hands. He was whispering an incantation under his breath and fixing it. "Why are you doing that?" I sat down on the bed next to him.

"I put it on your head, I'd like to do it again." He told me.

"You don't have to," I said and I felt some warm tears fall down my cheeks.

"I'll do what I can to make it up to you," He said. "I'm the one who asked Sam to come."

"Okay, but you don't have to do that," I told him.

"But, I'm going too," he said, "Speaking of broken, how's your hand?" He held out his hand to put mine in it.

I handed him the broken one. "It's okay," his thumb traced it lightly.

"Let me heal it?" He asked. I just gave him a nod and he healed it. I felt his life magic flow into me and I could move my hand again.

"You just gonna stay here and fix that?" I asked him. He nodded so I got up and walked away Katie and Kathy followed me and I carried Vippy. I walked all the way to The lab I gave Wallace, I saw a glow from under the door, I sat on the floor leaning my back against the door. I didn't want to bother him. I watched as Clerik came around the corner and I took off hoping he didn't notice me.

I went back to my room and I got into bed, I pulled Kathy and Katie and Vippy close to me. Clerik came back to check on me one more time and said goodnight. I laid there until my kobold friends fell asleep, and I took Vippy come with me. I walked through the halls back to Wallace's lab.

I sat down and leaned my head against the door. I didn't want to bother him. I just wanted to be close to someone, so this was my way of being close. I didn't mean to make a sound but I did and a second later the door opened. "Come in," he said. I didn't move, I stayed there. Don't break Willow, not now not again. I said to myself and closed my eyes. "What's the matter?" He asked and I still didn't move.

He picked me up and made Drake appear. He walked me inside, closing the door the drake sat down and Wallace sat down holding me in his arms. "What is it?" he asked me.

"It's everything, the, tonight, the now, the the the the," I kept repeating trying so hard not to break down again. He just squeezed me tight.

"It's okay, just let me in, show me," he said. And I opened my mind to him. He saw everything. "Willow, it's alright, You'll make an amazing Queen. Clerik is fixing your crown and we can get your dress fixed. You can do this Willow," Those last words broke me and I sobbed.

I cried for a long time. And he held me there. I cried until I fell asleep.