Willow

I woke up in the morning and I didn't speak as he got out of bed. I held up my arms and silently pleaded with him to stay, he came back, he gave me a kiss and whispered something I couldn't hear and wrapped his arms around me again. We stayed like that for a while, I breathed in his scent and felt his warmth. "I'm sorry, I need to get to work," he said, he gave me a squeeze and got up leaving the room.

I decided it was time to get myself out of bed, I got ready and I wanted to take one of the animals for comfort but I didn't. I was queen and I couldn't do that. I shouldn't need comfort. I had things to attend to.

Today they would find out about the ball. I hope they will like it. I did it for all of them, for their return. It was a not so secret, secret. They didn't know but practically everyone else did. I hoped they would learn. I had things to do but I chose to sit on my throne and thought about Wallace and how I just kind of wanted to sit here and rot away and never speak to anyone. I stayed immersed in my thoughts for hours.

What brought me from my thoughts was when Clerik and Moira and Alec were standing in front of me. "We heard there was going to be a ball," Alec said to me. I nodded to show that yes there would be.

"What is it for?" Clerik asked. I pointed at all three of them to tell them it was for them.

"Are you okay?" Alec asked me. I nodded then in my head I heard 'Put your hand around your wrist if you need to talk' I shook my head no and kept my hands where they were. Alec disappeared for a while and Clerik continued to pry.

"Willow you look a little different? Are you sure everything is okay?" he asked me. I nodded 'yes' to show him I was alright. He didn't seem to believe me though. Why did no one believe me. I was a bit shaken up and didn't feel like talking. I don't see the issue.

Alec returned and said "Guys I think we should leave her alone." he told them and started to walk away. Clerik turned to me again.

"Do you swear on your crown that you're okay?" he asked me, I nodded to tell him I was. And I watched them leave the throne room. I had planners and things come to ask me and I sat on the throne watching as people came and set things up. Finally I went to change no sign of Wallace at all. That means he probably wouldn't be making an appearance at the ball tonight.

I got ready alone Katie and Kathy watching outside and asking if they could help and I told them no and dressed them up in pretty little things too. I had no one else do hang out with tonight so dressing them up and being with them seemed like a nice idea.

I went downstairs and the party had started, people had started to arrive, music had started to play. There was dancing and drinking and everyone seemed happy. I stood with Katie and Kathy for a while just watching everything that happened. Clerik sat alone in the corner. It made me feel a little bad for him.

Alec came over, "Willow are you okay?" he asked me. I nodded. "It's a nice party isn't it?" He asked me and I smiled and nodded. I heard his voice in my head 'Willow I know something is wrong you know you can talk to me,' He said like he had earlier that day.

I shook my head to tell him I was fine. Moira came over and said, "I have some people who would like to meet the queen," she said and these two little elvish or half elf I was sure girls were standing there.

Alec knelt down to talk to the two girls. But they didn't seem to pay too much attention to him; they were looking at me. Alec moved out of the way and I came forward to talk to the girls and sat down on my knees. "Hello little ladies, what are your names?" I asked them, they both looked excited.

"I'm Anya," the taller one said.

"Nice to meet you Anya," I said and looked at her sister. "And you?"

"Claire," she said.

"Oh what a beautiful name, nice to meet you Claire" I told her and she giggled. Oh the little girls were so cute.

"Your so pretty," Anya told me,

"No, I think you two are the most beautiful girls in the room," I said to them and they both giggled again. I gave them each one of my hands and talked to them a little longer. Sad wasn't it? The only people I have spoken to today are these two little girls and Katie and Kathy.

Moira wanted to take the little girls back to their father the Duke of Berryville, "Let's go you little bit- I mean cuties," she said and walked away with the girls. At least she was trying, I thought.

I went off to find something to drink. It would make the night end faster and I may not even remember it. Eventually they started to play dancing music. At first it was fun and fast so I danced with the little girls. But later they started to play slow romantic dance music. I looked around for Wallace, he wasn't there.

I went off to where Clerik and Alec were sitting in a corner. "Do you want to dance with me?" I asked Alec first.

"Of course," he said. I left Katie and Kathy to keep Clerik company. I danced with Alec for a while and he asked several more times if I was okay, I kept telling him I was but he didn't seem to want to believe me.

I went over after a while and I asked Clerik if he would dance with me, and he also said he would and it was nice but it was funny cause he was always in his armour and he danced in his armour but it was still nice. He was quite the dancer. This is when I noticed Gale.

He was dancing with Everly, Moiras lady in waiting, and he looked really happy, which was a bit interesting, Clerik turned me and I saw Moira who was looking past us at most likely Everly and Gale, she didn't look very happy about that.

When I had finished dancing with Clerik I went to find something more to drink. My mind wasn't fuzzy yet and I turned around with a glass in my hand to see Alec and Clerik dancing, they were tearing it up and doing better than all the other couples. It was really great they made a good team though it looked like Clerik was leading. Everyone cheered when the song had ended.

I was getting done with this ball. The booze wasn't strong enough and things were slowing down, I thought this would make a good distraction but I was wrong. I went off to find Wallace, he would make a good distraction.