An Unexpected Surprise

This was the last day before everyone would return. Moira and I had spent the month putting new rules and laws into place and filtering out the rest of the men who tried to betray me on my coronation. I kept up appearances meeting with Nobles and such while she tortured the information out of them.

Everyday I spent almost an hour communicating with Alec through Vippy. It was fun and then I would return to my duties as Queen and sometimes I would visit Wallace, I've been doing that more often in this past week since he got his new intern Himiko. I had to make sure he wasn't well. Doing things with her, he was mine, I know it had only been a little over a month for us at this point, but still.

It was strange at first, only a few of us around the castle instead of the whole group since the one week I had been in the castle. But it became just me and Wallace, Moira and Henry, and Clerik every once in a while, now as well as Himiko. And Moira also spent time basically training me. Able to handle my emotions and hide them better. And not to run every time something went bad.

I was sitting on our bed, we had had our fun about the castle in the past month and he told me to be careful with certain things. I didn't know much about magic so I listened to what he said. Also when I say fun, you'd never imagine how useful the invisibility spell is.

I was so excited everyone was coming back tomorrow! I sat on the bed cross legged. "You know, someday, this kingdom's gonna need a king," I said. I'd been saying stuff like that all month 'one day I'm gonna have to produce an heir I can't do that alone' or 'There's a throne that needs to be filled'. Those sorts of things. Wallace usually ignored these remarks. I pulled down on the top of my nightdress a little.

I already kicked Vippy out, as I did on nights when we.... Well had our little bit of fun. "Do you want that sort of thing?" He asked. That was weird. He usually ignored me when I said those things.

"Well yeah, sure, someday," I replied. I looked at my hands in my lap not at him.

"Would you want it with me?" He asked. My heart started racing.

"Yeah..." I paused not sure if he even heard me "Maybe..." I finished.

"It's magic and I doubt I'll be using it. Will you be my queen?" he said handing me a golden ring with a red gem in it. I took the ring and looked it over thinking about it. This was so crazy, too crazy almost. I handed it back to him

"I don't want to be your Queen, I want to be your wife," I told him. He took my hand and put the ring on my finger.

"Then that's what you'll be," He told me. I grabbed his face and kissed him.

"What now?" I asked when the kiss broke.

"Well traditionally royals consummate their marriage with people nearby to be considered Witnesses but we can skip that last part." He said.

"Uh-hu," I said and nodded a little confused, "You don't want anyone to know?" I asked him.

"It's best they didn't especially those who act on impulse and emotion," he said raising an eyebrow as if telling me exactly who he was talking about.

"Hey! He's not that bad. He'd be excited, why can't I tell him?" I asked. Alec wasn't as bad as Wallace thought, he was my best friend, he has the right to know. I knew he would be happy for me.

"Because anyone outside of us is a variable. Also I don't want another lecture," I thought for a moment, he was probably right if I told Alec the first thing he would do is lecture Wallace.

"Fine." I said. "But. Can we at least have a little ceremony even if no one knows," I asked him.

"Yes love," he said and I smiled. "You know I was the one who Officiated for Moira and Henry's Wedding," he told me.

Laughing I said, "You can't officiate your own wedding," I held up my arms so he would come and hug me. He hugged me and picked me up so I was standing on the ground instead of sitting in the bed. A priest who was like my height appeared and it was holding a holy symbol almost like Cleriks.

"Is here a good place? Or somewhere else?" He asked, my heart started to race again.

"Wait now?" my heart was beating so fast now it almost hurt, "Can I not be in a night dress? As for a place, what about by the pond the reflection of the moon on the water will be nice and there are hedges no one will see," oh my gosh we were doing this now I couldn't believe it. The priest disappeared.

"Would you like me to wait for you there or watch you dress?" He smirked at me, I laughed nervously.

"So we're doing this now?" I asked.

"Would you prefer to wait? Oh we could bring your mom to walk you to me if you wished?" he said.

"Not gonna happen, let's just do this," I ran to the closet and pulled out a soft pink dress, I quickly changed in the washroom, when I came out I took his hand and we ran quietly out into the garden and down to the pond. When we got there the priest re-appeared and asked if we were ready, and we both nodded.

We followed the same script as many weddings did but when it came to Wallace to say his vows they were so sweet like he had them planned for a while, he said, "Ever since I saw that dragon I wanted it's treasure. I threw myself through a window and inside I found a beautiful woman. Though it wasn't until later I truly knew that you were the treasure that the dragon guarded. You are a new hope in my life. A new fate that I never knew possible. I love you Willow. Whatever illusion draws you to me is my greatest yet though I am grateful. Thank you for being mine." He held both my hands in his own.

Then came my turn "Thank you for the daring rescue and after Cain I never thought I'd love anyone. I was wrong. You burst through that window. Scaring the crap out of me. But after that you helped me to defeat the thing that kept me trapped and you helped to show me things I'd never seen before. I'm glad to be yours. And to have you as mine." I said. I didn't know what to say and it was so bad.

The priest went on and we both said 'I do' he took my face into his hands and kissed me. I giggled into his mouth and I put my hands on his that rested on my face and when I broke the kiss I nuzzled him. We stood there smiling and laughing and nuzzling and kissing until the priest faded away and we were left alone.

He scooped me up. He flew us up to our room, and our night didn't go as I had wanted but. It was nice to kiss him and nuzzle him and stuff till I fell asleep, it was already late we couldn't really afford to stay up to consummate our marriage, we would eventually, and we'd done it lots before.