Henry

We got all our gear ready. I was to lead them through the main floor so they didn't set off any of the traps. We got back to what seemed like a closet Alec seemed confused, they had changed things up since he had been here. I opened the closet and I led them down a trapdoor down into the deeper layers of the cult forretress.

We got to the first one and it was odd there was no one down here. I remembered there were usually many people bustling through here, though I suppose with all the clearing out we've done they've executed those members that were supposed to be watching over the towns we helped, or they came to some of the same realizations that Alec myself or Isabelle had.

They looted the rooms and looked around for stuff. They were always stealing, we had a mission to do and they were here looting. Of course they were. I walked into the room with the last staircase and waited. I don't know what they were doing so I stepped out into the hall and summoned them all there.

We stood in a circle discussing our next move, in the center appeared this shadow-like creature, I realized it had big wings and a long tail and it stood over us. "What do you think you're doing?" it asked us all.

"We wish to see the leaders," I said. I looked over at Alec who had put himself into the position of mirroring the creature from its wings to it's tail.

"Let me see the mark," It demanded of us. So we did. We all showed our marks. The ones who didn't have them found ways to make it look like they had appeared. Though when it turned to Clerik and his fake mark the thing eyed him for too long like it knew something was wrong. Like it knew Clerik didn't belong here.

"I don't-" the creature started to say and it disappeared.

"We should go," Wallace said "I banished it for about a minute," he explained. So we went down to the trap door and in, we sort of disguised ourselves to fit in here better. Alec closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths.

"I have an idea," he said. We all looked at him as he took a few deep breaths and became a female version of himself. "I can ask to rejoin, tell them I am back," he said. Everyone looked so sad and confused, we could tell Alec didn't like this, as much as he tried to keep it together.

So we went, we walked through the halls. And came to the room we thought they would most likely be in. Everyone waited. "Do you want some backup?" Clerik asked Alec.

"That would be great," Alec said. And so they entered the small room where Desmadona and Crimson were sure to be. It was their 'Meeting' room generally not used for meetings.

And so it began.

***

We are growing close to the end of our story here. The next chapter will be called 'The beginning of the End.' I hope you are excited!