[21] - [Marcus Armstrong]

A/N: for phoebe-durm (sorry for the delay :((( )

TAGLIST: VILNYL m___a___r LandoNorris f1ismylifelol

WORDCOUNT: 871

21. "I was your secret Santa".

You looked in the mirror as you adjusted the thin knitted sweater you were wearing, tucking it into your ruffle skirt and tightening the belt around it, letting it nicely decorate your outfit. You pulled your necklace from under the turtleneck, brushing your fingers over the pendant. Christmas had flown by and so had New Years. On Christmas eve, you had receive a package in your mailbox, only your name was on it. In the envelope was a written card and a sweet message, a messy handwriting that was neat at the same time. No name was left underneath the text and you had been wondering for more than two weeks already who could have been your secret Santa. It was a tradition within ART Grand Prix to pull a ticket with someone's name and gift that person something, something small and whatever made you think of them. All of your colleagues already knew who was their secret Santa, except for you. Maybe you'd never know.

You let out a soft hum. The necklace was absolutely beautiful, a small pendant of a butterfly resting just under your collarbones. You just wanted to thank your secret Santa for the gift you haven't taken off since receiving it yet. You had gotten ready for an end of the season toast with every member of the ART GP team. It's headquarters were based about an hour from Paris. You were happy to work with the French team a lot and you had gotten close to some members, and since last year you had gotten close to Marcus. You looked forward to see him again at the team party tonight. You had to admit you were a bit nervous while walking into the building, even though you had been here so many times. A lot of people from the team were already here, music sounding out of the speakers and the chatter audible when you came closer. You put your coat away and walked up to the people you worked with nearly daily. "Hey, Y/N, you look so nice". Linda from the media team said, embracing you with one arm, she was holding her drink with her free hand.

"Thank you, so do you". You smiled. "What are you having?". You asked. "Oh, it's Guiseppe's fruity surprise, you should ask for it at the bar while he's still sober". Linda giggled and you laughed in response, making your way over to the bar. You ordered the fruity surprise and you waited at the bar. "You look pretty". You turned to your side to see Marcus standing next to you. "Hey, Marcus". You smiled, feeling the butterflies flutter around in your stomach. "How are you doing, did you have a nice break?". He asked, leaning against the bar. "Yeah it was nice to spend time with family, nothing to do for work, just relaxing". You replied. "What about you?". You asked, catching his eyes drifting to the necklace you were twirling between your fingers unconsciously. "It was good". He replied shortly. "Can we go for a walk, maybe?". He asked next. "Sure". You said, taking your cup with you. You had no idea where he wanted to go, yet you followed him outside and away from the party. "I have a long waited confession to make". Marcus chuckled, pushing his hands in the pockets of his jeans while you walked across the parking lot.

"You're making me nervous". You let out a soft laugh. "I was your secret Santa". Marcus said while you neared the pavement on the side of the road. "You gifted me this?". You asked, a smile curling your lips. "I did". He chuckled. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?". You asked next. "I was afraid you didn't like it. Or that you maybe hoped it was from someone else". Marcus answered in all honesty. "Well I haven't taken it off since". You said. "I noticed. That's why I finally got the balls to tell you". You both laugh. "I love it. It kinda frustrated me to not know who my secret Santa was. On the other hand I was fine with it, it was supposed to be a secret anyway". You said. "Look, what I wanted to say was...". Marcus stopped under the light of a street lantern. "I'm in love with you". He said, looking down into your eyes. "I didn't want to tell you before the break in case it would disturb you and if you don't like me back it's totally fine and we can just forget about it before the season starts again and-...". "Marcus". You stopped his rambling. "I'm in love with you too". You said, feeling the sparkles shooting up your spine.

"You do?". Marcus let out a breathy chuckle. "So... Is this the moment that we kiss?". He asked, breaking the moment of tension and you laughed, tugging him towards you by his shirt. The scene was nowhere near romantic, but to kiss him under the street lantern here in France, had to be the best way to start the new year.