[57 & 49] - [Mobster!Max]

A/N: For Izzy_xxx24

TAGLIST: Littlemissunnoticed FOREVERLANDO verstoppen angelicjack f1written Marieke_FZ Xeniia1311 justanf1fan Ferraritastic Tasha_Stan_Shady Caxripd2454735 LandoNorris MariaThepld bluzklus marxssell

WORDCOUNT: 926

49. "You're not allowed to disturb meetings". & 57 ."I can't believe my mobster husband has such a soft touch".

You softly made your way into her room after the baby monitor sounded with her cries. Most of the times, your little baby girl wanted attention and she needed to learn to continue her nap and that she wouldn't get the attention she wanted every time she cried. Still, after fifteen minutes she didn't calm down and you got worried. You opened the door and heard her cries from her little crib and you looked into it, finding her squirming a little on her mattress in her pyjama. "Ssh...". You shushed her softly, reaching into the crib to take the little baby out. "Mum's here". You hummed, holding her in your arms and caressing her chubby face. Her lips were still parted with the wails she let out, even your calming words and your arms around her not enough. You rocked her gently back and forth and you tried walking around her room. You sighed as a headache slowly started to pound in the back of your head.

The night had been rough too and even though Max offered to get out of bed to check up on her, you wanted him to stay in bed. He had meetings the whole day and you didn't want him to be sleep deprived, but honestly, you couldn't handle it this way either. You knew it was just a period you had to get through, till she learned that she could cry all she want and not get the attention and you had to get through that she was okay and you could continue your things after checking if she was fine instead of spending too much time on shushing her. You were tired and you felt the tears prickling behind your eyes. You made your way downstairs with her in your arms, her cries echoing through the hallway and causing the maids to look at you worryingly. One of the guards in front of the door started to speak up when he sensed you were marching right to your husband's office. "Ms. Verstappen, you're not allowed to disturb meetings, you-...".

You had already pushed the door open before he could stop you and the silence fell in Max' office when all eyes were turned to you. "Darling, is everything alright?". Max spoke up at the head of the table, his eyebrows furrowing together with concern. You almost never came into his office when he was working and he assumed something must be wrong if you did come in. "She's been crying and I can't get her to calm down". You said, swallowing the lump in your throat while you walked around the men to get to Max. "Babe, babe...". He spoke to you first, his hand reaching up to your face when he noticed you were on the verge of tears. "I'll take her for a moment, alright?". He suggested and kissed your forehead, taking his daughter from your arms. "Hey there little princess". Max sighed, having her against his chest and sitting back down in his chair. "No need to cry so loudly, hmm?". He hummed.

You didn't know how he had such a magical touch, but her large eyes opened widely and looked up at him, her cries silent meanwhile. Her face lit up at the sight of her father and you relaxed when she didn't re-start her crying. The men at his table were visibly confused when he cooed at his baby girl in the middle of a very serious meeting, pressing kisses to her face and making her giggle to make sure she was happy again. "Go and have some rest, love. I can watch over her here". Max offered as he looked up at you. "Thank you". You sighed in relief and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "I can't believe my mobster husband has such a soft touch". You smiled and he let out a chuckle, pecking your lips before you could leave. "I love you, darling". He said and you looked at him from over your shoulder before closing the doors again. You were finally able to have some rest, while Max kept her in his arms the whole afternoon.

You had fallen asleep in the bedroom and Max came looking for you when he was done working. Your daughter still against his chest, he made his way into the bedroom. "There's your mommy". He spoke to the baby and she perked up when she recognized 'mommy'. Even though she was crying so much around you, she happily reached for you when you sat up in bed. She was smiling and crying with laughter now when you adjusted her little shirt over her belly, which must've tickled slightly. "Did you sleep for some hours?". Max asked, his fingertips gliding under your chin to lift your face. "Mhm". You nodded with a smile. "I'm glad". Your husband smiled. "I'll run a bath for the three of us, how does that sound?". He asked, shaking the jacket of his suit off and hanging it over the chair. "Amazing". You replied, watching him get into the bathroom. You looked down at your baby, making her giggle when you kissed her cheek. "I love you". You cooed at her. Because how could you not love something you and your amazing husband created together?