Purity - [Max Verstappen]

A/N: for Maryletomlinson

TAGLIST: Garrixer_06 MariPecs10 McLaren_04 marxssell bluzklus Tasha_Stan_Shady ferraritastic Marieke_FZ f1written kingmarquez93 honestlyseb

WORDCOUNT: 876

SYNOPSIS: You're pregnant and giving birth to your son, and Max is happily welcoming his son into the world.

It was a casual Sunday night, Max wasn't occupied for once, and you were seated next to each other on the couch. You were heavily pregnant and expected to deliver any day soon. One of his palms rested on your baby bump, his fingers drawing soft patterns over your skin under the loose shirt you were wearing. You were watching some TV together, and you were tired already from carrying the tiny human in your belly with you. You were barely paying attention to the TV, resting your head against his chest. You weren't speaking at all, just enjoying each other's company. Your water had broken yesterday, and you had called the birth attendant to ask what you should do next. You had to wait till some contractions started, and then you could decide for yourself to go to the hospital early. You groaned softly as you felt the heavy pressure starting in your lower body.

"What's wrong?" Max asked. "I think my contractions are starting," you explained. "But they're light, so it's okay," you said. You continued to feel a dull ache in your lower back, the pressure on your abdomen keeping up while your belly was hardening between the contractions. "Come on, I just want you to be safe while you give birth. I'll pack some of your stuff, and we leave to the hospital," Max was determined as he stood up, leaving you leaning on the pillows on the sofa, while he was quick to get a bag with some essentials. The contractions were far enough apart for you to know that you wouldn't give birth any second, but your little baby boy was surely on his way. Max's arm supported you as you made your way to the car. He was worried and nervous, but he kept calm when you both got into the car and moved on the way to the hospital. The expressions of pain written on your face, made him look over at you very often, his fingers curling around your hand to hold it.

Your contractions worsened a little, but you had arrived at the hospital already. Max carried your bag and continued to hold your hand, while some nurses helped you to the right department and into the bed assigned to you. You undressed and received a cotton shirt from the hospital. The nurses did some check-ups, estimating the time till you would give birth. For Max, it was a long wait, and it hurt him to see that you were more and more in pain. The nurses kept checking up on you, and Max got closer to you when the contractions were just a couple of minutes apart. Your fingers were crushing his hand, but he didn't say anything about it. His free hand kept moving the cooled cloth over your forehead, keeping the hair out of your face. The nurse continued to help you calm down your breath, and she told you to push every few seconds, to let you regain your breath. You had no idea how much time passed, but you were so tired, and every nerve in your body was hurting.

Sweat dripped down your limbs, and you were somewhat aware that you were crying, as the hot tears kept streaming down your cheeks. "You're doing so well, baby, keep going," Max dried your face again. The nurses gathered around you again, but this time to wrap the little baby up in a warm blanket. Its cries were audible soon, and you opened your eyes, feeling your heart making a little jump when the little boy was lifted onto your chest. You were exhausted, but this moment felt so good. "That's our boy," Max smiled, his eyes getting watery. You smiled widely, your fingers reaching to caress his small, crying face. You lifted your baby into Max's arms, and he held his son carefully, and close to himself. Max kissed your temple, adoring the sight of the boy in his arms. After you and Max had a beautiful moment with your newborn, the nurses briefly carried him away to do the necessary check-ups. Meanwhile, you could rest after an intense couple of hours. Max remained at your side, passing you the bottle of water from time to time, but eventually you fell asleep.

You and Max had agreed on adding pictures of you going into labor and the delivery into your pregnancy photo album, and while you were resting, and the nurses were still doing the check-up of your baby boy, Max went through the pictures that have been made during the delivery. He loved how pure they were, how real they were, and the emotions that were visible on the images. Max looked over at you, your head leaned sideways while you were in a deep slumber. He caressed your face with a content sigh, he was incredibly proud of you, and he felt happier than ever after welcoming his son into the world, who surely had the most amazing mother.