Oblivion - [Mobster!Max]

A/N: for tamaraudvardy

TAGLIST: onebeelover derickimeudeus callmeniiya HKANE_10 Garrixer_06 MariPecs10 bluzklus MariaThepld Tasha_Stan_Shady ferraritastic honestlyseb Littlemissunnoticed

WORDCOUNT: 1213

WARNINGS: kidnapping, violence, use of weapons

A split second. It was a split second that his eyes were lifted off of you, and you were taken away from him. He hadn't slept since the moment you were kidnapped by one of the rival crews, and the anger flowed through his veins at the thought of them laying their hands on you. Max had sent all of his men to search for you, hacking into the camera system of the parking garage where his car was parked and where he lost you out of sight. They tracked the location where your phone was lastly seen, and they found it in a trashcan on the roadside. It didn't take long for the rival crew to send him a message, telling him they wanted a lot of money in return for you, and a 'safe' trade could find place if Max was willing to work according to their rules. There was nothing else that he could do, and he'd pay every penny he had to get you back home safely. But there was no way he couldn't avenge the guys who took you from him. There was a picture attached to the message, which showed your pretty face they had bruised and beaten, your teary eyes.

It sparked his anger even more, and he was blind for the danger that would come if he would come and get you right now, unorganized and without a plan. But there was no way that Max was going to leave you there any more seconds. Helicopters flew out, all of his men were on their way, and he led his crew. He didn't care if this was going to cost a lot of lives, money, weaponry, cars or anything else. The ambush of the sudden strategy caught the other crew off guard. They hadn't expected Max to strike this early. It was beneficial at first, however, the other mobster was quick to take you out of the room they had locked you in, your wrists tied together behind your back and the tape secured over your mouth to keep you quiet. He dragged you up the stairs, not caring if you couldn't keep up with the pace and stumbled over your feet. You were still dressed in the dress you had worn on the day you were taken, and it was torn from the many times you had fallen down. Your knees hurt and they were purple and blue, but there was a spark of hope that kept your heart beating rapidly as you heard that Max was coming for you.

The top of the building was reached, and it was high above the ground. "Let me give you an impression of the view, sweetheart," the man growled in your ear, forcing you to look over the edge. You whimpered in dismay, trying to push back against his grip. "Get the fuck away from her," Max's voice sounded, and the mobster turned around. "Do you have the money?" he simply asked. "My wife first," Max gritted through his teeth. You had never seen him this angry before. You cringed when the mobster forced you closer to the edge again. "Fine." You heard Max say, and he lifted his phone to his ear, ordering his men to come up with the money. You saw a light flickering from the other building, which briefly caught your attention. A red stripe of light moved through the air, and you looked down at your body before looking over at the mobster who was still holding you tightly, ready to push you over the edge any second. A red dot was on the back of his head, and you realized it must be the sniper in Max' crew.

Planting your feet against the edge, you got ready for the impact of the shot on the mobster. Before he could say anything else, he was shot in the head, and he lost his balance. He stumbled over the edge, but due to your tied wrists, you were nearly falling forward as well. Max' arm curled around your waist, roughly pulling you into him. You closed your eyes, preparing to fall all those stories down together, but instead, you were standing steadily, still on top of the building. Max held your trembling body, gently pulling the tape from your mouth and undoing the rope around your wrists. His arms wrapped around you, and your hands curled into his jacket to hold on to him for dear life. His fingers caressed your face, lifting your cheek to look into your eyes with great concern. "I'm so sorry," his voice was a mere whisper as his fingertips glided over your bruised cheekbone. "I was so scared," you said, tears filling the corners of your eyes. "I know, baby, I'm sorry," Max replied, pulling you into his chest again.

A helicopter rose above the building, ready to take you home. Exhaustion from all the stress and the trauma took over, and it would take some time before you would feel comfortable again. But you were incredibly relieved to go back home. As soon as you arrived at Max' mansion, your bruises were checked, wounds were cleaned. You received some painkillers before you went to shower. Max was seated on the edge of the bed while you were in the bathroom. He heard the shower running as he was seated there. He leaned his elbows on his knees, his thumbs pressing against his forehead in order to stop the headache that was pounding against his skull. The images of your shaking, small body, your bloody nose and your face, your beautiful face beaten up so cowardly by that scum, it was all too much. You exited the bathroom, dressed in a warm sweater and some joggers, seeing him seated there. "Max?" your voice rasped a little, and it made him lift his head.

His eyes were bloodshot, and you had rarely seen him cry. "It was my fault," Max spoke up. "If I didn't leave you out of my sight that evening, and if I paid more attention, I could have prevented the whole situation," he started. "Max...""And now they've hurt you, and they were going to kill you!" "Max, I overheard them, they had planned everything long before, even if you had guarded me, they would have found a way," you said. "Please, I'm back home and that's all that matters to me," you continued, taking his face in your hands, your thumbs wiping away his tears. "And you came to rescue me. There wasn't a minute that I lost hope, there wasn't a second that I thought you wouldn't be able to save me." Max pulled you into his lap, his arms embracing you tightly. "I love you so much," he whispered, his fingers digging into your sides to hold onto you. "I love you too," you said, feeling the kiss he pressed to your shoulder as he softly sobbed. You held onto each other for as long as you needed, before crawling under the warm sheets to cuddle up, and finally sleep in each other's arms again.