[11] - [Sebastian Vettel]

A/N: for goellen136

TAGLIST: rosaa- Littlemissunnoticed Taaaaamz verstoppen nascar_dillon

WORDCOUNT: 611

11. "I missed you so much".

You were so used to having Sebastian around all the time ever since the pandemic took over the world. It felt weird to bring him to the airport and see him fly out to Italy to test the car on the circuit of Mugello. At the same time, you were happy for him that he was able to get back into his passion. While the situation with Ferrari has been stressful, he still knew that Formula 1 was his life and soul and he didn't want to stop any time soon. The week that he spend in Italy somehow felt wrenching for you. You missed him after spending so much time with him during the quarantine. Sebastian had called you while he was in northern Tuscany, explaining that he felt relaxed and comfortable and that the contact with Charles was good too. You were watching your favorite show alone and the other side of the bed felt empty. You knew it was just the beginning of what was coming.

The upcoming weeks were filled with races and some of them back to back, barely time for Sebastian to fly back to Switzerland in between. They were asking a lot of the drivers, but you knew it was going to ask a lot of the wives and girlfriends of the drivers who weren't able to join them all the time due to work or a study. You were glad the week finally ended and Sebastian would be on his way back home. He said he had taken a car from Maranello and would drive back instead of fly. The flight he wanted to take was nearly fully booked and because of the health risks that were still there, he decided it would be safer to take a car and drive back over the highway. You were eager to receive him home again and you were impatiently waiting for him to return. Not much later, you received a call that his car broke down on the side of the highway just after he crossed the Swiss border. He was fine, however it would take him much longer to get home now.

You were staying up during the night to make sure you'd see him coming back home, even though your eyelids were heavy and you wanted to rest your head back against the chair you were seated in. Sebastian turned onto the porch of your apartment and you finally got up, making your way to the front door and opening it up. He came up to you with a tired smile and his suitcase rolling behind him, which he let go of to wrap you up in his embrace. "I missed you so much". You said, feeling your eyes prickling with tears. "I'm home now, darling". Sebastian muttered against your head and his fingers moved through your hair. "I missed you too". He said and took your face in his hands to caress your cheeks. You cracked a smile at seeing your husband's sparkling blue eyes and he leaned down to peck your lips. "Let's get to bed right away, alright? It's been a hectic day". Sebastian sighed and you nodded.

He took his luggage inside and left it in the hallway while you two got ready for bed. You were glad the empty side of your bed was filled again and you snuggled into his warm embrace. You were going to miss Sebastian even more when he would leave for his races, but one thing was for sure: he'd always come home to you.