[4 & 18] - [Max Verstappen]

A/N: for Garrixer_06

TAGLIST: MariPecs10 snugleo DannyRicFan06 marxssell bluzklus LandoNorris MariaThepld Carxripd2454735 Tasha_Stan_Shady ferraritastic justanf1fan Marieke_FZ f1written mickschumi honestlyseb

WORDCOUNT: 692

4. "Hey, you're okay. You were just having a nightmare".
18. "It's okay, I couldn't sleep anyway".

You woke up with a soft gasp, your heart beating quickly in your ribcage and you sighed deeply. You were having weird dreams lately and you guessed it was just because not just Max' life was busy, but yours too. With all the hectics you barely got any sleep while you were exhausted, yet your brain was bothering you still in your sleep and didn't let you slumber in a dreamless way. You wiped the sweat from your forehead, feeling absoluting disgusting when you were completely sweaty. You got out of bed to reach for a fresh pyjama shirt and now you were awake anyway, you moved out of your shared bedroom with Max, careful to not wake him up while you went into the kitchen to have some water. You filled a glass and leaned against the kitchen counter, not having to look into the reflection of the marble to see that you looked terrible. You moved a hand through your hair, looking in the cabinets for some paracetamol.

"Babe? What are you doing?" Max stood in the doorway, his eyes squinting a little at the lights you had turned on. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," you apologized, but he shook his head and he approached you. "It's okay, I couldn't sleep anyway," Max said. "Heard you tossing and turning the last hour," he continued. You nodded. "I haven't been sleeping well this week," you sighed, rubbing your tired eyes while he towered over you, just wearing some sweats. "I noticed already. Is there something on your mind? That keeps you busy or worrying?" Max asked, his hand cupping your face and the warmth of his touch seeped through your body. "I have weird dreams and the one I had tonight was just scary. I can't find normal sleep and I feel like a freak," you said, your lower lip trembling. "Hey, you're okay. You were just having a nightmare. You're not a freak for having a bad dream," Max told you.

"Is there something I can do?" Max asked, his other hand moving some hair away from your face as he pulled you a little closer. "I don't think so, every time I go to sleep I just dream," you said. "What takes your mind off it?" he asked. "We can watch a movie right now or go for a ride, or whatever you want," he continued. "Just being with you is enough for me," you said, letting your hands glide over his muscled arms, drinking in the warmth of his embrace. Max slightly bend through his knees, grabbing the back of your thighs to lift you up. You curled your legs around his waist, letting him carry you back to the bedroom. Max laid you back down on the mattress, hovering over you meanwhile. "Would it help if I kiss you a couple times?" he asked, nuzzling his nose against yours, glad to see you smile a little at him. Max kissed your cheek before he peppered kisses down your jaw towards your other cheek. You started to laugh meanwhile, the slight stubble on his face tickling you.

You took his face in your hands to pull his lips to yours, which was way better. You wrapped your arms around him, your heart fluttering when he pecked your lips. Max was playfuly and his tongue swepped across the seam of your lips before you let him deepen the kiss. "I don't want to keep you up too long," Max hummed, trailing his lips down your jaw and towards your neck. "It's alright," you hummed and you watched him roll back to his side. "Come here," Max' arm lifted for you and you rested your head on his chest, feeling his fingers moving up and down your spine, drawing calm circles. You listened to his heartbeat, closing your eyes and finally the sleep was able to consume you.