Brighten - [Pierre Gasly]

A/N: for black_ma23

TAGLIST: fayeexoxo MariPecs10 Chami2207 ArmyStays justanf1fan wanderlust_gemini

WORDCOUNT: 924

SYNOPSIS: You just failed your last exam of the year, and Pierre does everything he can to cheer you up and comfort you.

Your knee was bumping up and down while seated behind the laptop in the living room. Today was the day that you would receive your grades for the last exam, and as you had to get your credits for all of your courses, you had to pass this exam in order to be able to do a minor next year, and not be stuck with the courses from the previous year. The exam had been hard, but you had studied hard as well, even though the online classes due to Covid-19 were definitely not always fun. "I'm sure you aced it, mon amour," Pierre's hands squeezed your shoulders, and he leaned down to kiss your cheek. You hummed in response, you just wanted to see your result. You refreshed the page, and your university's portal finally mentioned that there was an update in the grades register. You clicked on the course, feeling your heart hammering in your chest. You sighed deeply, you failed the exam, and that just a couple tenths from the grade you needed to pass. "I failed," you said.

"Now I have to redo the course next year, so I can't follow the program I wanted to follow so dearly," you continued, looking up at Pierre while your eyes started to become watery. Normally, you would be happy to do a resit if a test had been hard, or if you could admit you could have studied better, but this just felt like a stab in the guts. Because you had worked so hard, even though it hadn't been easy, and it had been so stressful. Pierre didn't say anything, he just pulled you into his arms and against his chest. "It's alright," he muttered into your hair when you were sobbing softly now. You had been feeling uptight till this day, and he knew that you were mostly crying because the stress was all coming out now. "You didn't fail, alright? There's nothing wrong with having to get yourself together and then try again, darling." Pierre's fingers brushed over your tear stained cheeks. "And you passed all the other courses," he continued. "The program you want to do is still there next year, you can still do those courses, but just a little later," he added.

You nodded along to his words, squeezing the material of his sweater into your palms. "You're right. It just sucks, big time," you replied, a small chuckle leaving your mouth. "For sure," Pierre gave you a small smile in response. "Why don't you go to bed for a little while? Just to have some rest, take a shower," Pierre suggested. You nodded again. "I'll do that," you agreed. Pierre caressed your face again, taking your chin between his fingers to kiss your lips. You let go of him, and Pierre watched as you made your way upstairs. You felt awful, but Pierre was right. Next time you were going to redo the course and then pass it. There was a summer break ahead of you, and you could finally spend more time with Pierre. Focussing on the positives, you let yourself fall back on the bed. You got an alarm ready, as you didn't want to be asleep the whole evening. And while you didn't expect it, you drifted away nearly immediately. You actually got a pretty decent nap, and you got out of bed when your alarm rung.

You took a shower, and got dressed in one of Pierre's sweaters, and some leggings, before making your way downstairs. You were wondering why the lights were dimmed, and you were about to ask where he was, when he was in the dining room, the table nicely made up, and he was just putting on some more candles. "Hey," Pierre smiled. "How are you feeling?" he asked. "Better," you replied, making your way over to the table, some steaming pans in the middle. "I made us some dinner, your favorite, I tried my best," Pierre continued, shoving a chair back for you at the table. "Thank you so much," you sighed softly, your heart swelling in your chest at the sight of all the effort he put in. "I love you," Pierre muttered, his knuckles grazing your cheeks while he moved around the table to sit in his chair. Pierre had cooked an amazing dinner, and you instantly felt better while just talking through the upcoming week with him, light subjects and laughter filling the dining room.

You cleared the table together after the dinner, and then you cuddled up on the couch, your legs draped over his lap and his arm lazily swung around you, your head resting on his chest while your tired eyes watched the TV screen in front of you. Your fingers brushed over Pierre's sweater, the fine material of Alpha Tauri's new clothing line blessed you every time, as he felt so soft and cuddly every time he wore them. And he always left some sweaters for you whenever he left for a raceweekend. "Thank you so much for the dinner, Pierre," you sighed, interrupting whatever program you were watching. "Everything for you, mon amour. I didn't want you to be sad," Pierre hummed, kissing your temple. You nuzzled your head deeper into his chest, able to put the gnawing feeling to rest.