[18 & 19] - [Charles Leclerc]

A/N: for Brazowa_Alpaka

TAGLIST: landon0rris jxan_F1 MariPecs10 Chami2207 cuteleklerk LeylaEmerson Robb73 LandoNorris black_ma23 ferraritastic justanf1fan f1_girl97 ricciardoaf jubsmagcultthg lewavocado Judy_Taurus smilethankstothem rosaa- CassieRochester

WORDCOUNT: 1141

18. "It's okay, I couldn't sleep anyway"
19. "You're such a bad liar"

Charles had just returned from Bahrain and due to his preparations beforehand, you had not seen him much the last couple weeks. You and Charles had a great friendship ever since you started your college years in Nice, close to Monaco. Because Monaco was considered the place to be, you were often to be found here to either do some sports, cycle around the beautiful place or just to feel cool while driving over the Formula 1 circuit. You had joined Charles on a race once or twice, but as you were just friends, you didn't want to be too close to him during those weekends to create suspicions if you two were in a relationship or not. You spend a lot of time together over the winter break and you had joined him on a trip to Dubai too. Now he was out of Monaco for a couple weeks made you realized how much you missed him, because no other friend could match up with the same humor or comfort he could offer.

Charles had called you on his way home if you were up to watch some movies, have some snacks and just spend a lazy evening together like the good old sleepovers you used to have. When your roommate asked if you called your crush, because you were beaming from ear to ear, you realized that you indeed had a crush on him, that made you long for his company and his attention, to hear his laugh and to watch his bright eyes sparkle. If they could only sparkle at you the way you felt for him. Charles picked you up from your dorm when he came from the airport and you made your way down to meet him at the front of the building. He looked tired, yet so cosy in the sweater and the grey joggers he was wearing. He pushed himself off his car when you neared him and you felt your heartrate rising when he hugged you tightly. "I missed you," he said, causing the butterflies in your stomach, however you tried to ignore it.

"I missed you too," you replied. "How were the testing days?" You asked as he opened the door of the car for you and you threw your bag inside before following yourself. Charles sat down behind the wheel. "Quite okay, some work left to do, but I feel ready for the start of the season," he said and it made you smile. "I followed bits between my classes," you let him know as he drove away. "My number one supporter," Charles grinned and you rolled your eyes playfully, yet the blushed turned up on your cheeks. Charles drove the two of you to his flat in Monaco, parking the car in the underground parking lot and then you went upstairs to get into his apartment. Charles dumped his luggage in the hallway, he wasn't in the mood to unpack, he just wanted to spend time with you. He popped open a bottle of wine while you got some snacks on a plate and you settled in the living room, the TV on. You were wearing an old oversized shirt and some shorts, fuzzy socks on your feet and your hair in a messy bun, your legs draped over his lap while you were both sprawled out over the sofa.

Eventually it was time to get to bed and as you came into his bedroom, he cursed loudly. "Fuck, I totally forgot to put up the extra bed earlier," Charles said. "I can get it for you now, but it's in the storage," he continued, looking tired already and not in the mood to walk all the way down to the storage at this time. "My bed's big enough, if you don't mind," he continued. "Charles, it's fine," you said, not wanting him to do any extra efforts, while you were comfortable with him anyway. You both got onto a side of the bed and while you were on your phone for a little while, he had turned onto one side and probably fell asleep. You left your phone on the nightstand to sleep too and you were facing him, in the darkness of the room you could still figure out his face, one of his arms draped over the sheets, his fingers curled into the material of the duvet. You decided to turn the other way, so you didn't have to look at him while the gnawing feeling of being in love with him was still eating at your heart.

While you were tired, you couldn't entirely put your mind and your body to rest. You tried to not turn around too much, you didn't want to disturb Charles. Eventually you got up to drink some water in the bathroom, briefly standing there with your thoughts and feelings. Maybe it would be better if you got the sheets and moved to the couch. You walked back into his bedroom and he sat up when you came in, switching one of the lamps on. "What are you doing?" he asked, his hair messy and his eyes squinting at the light. "I'm sorry if I woke you," you replied softly, but he shook his head. "It's okay, I couldn't sleep anyway," Charles said. "Aren't you comfortable here?" he asked, nodding towards the sheets you had gathered in your arms. "N-no, it's not that, it's just, I-..." He chuckled. "You're such a bad liar," he said, making you sigh deeply as you sat back down on the end of the bed while he scooted over towards you. "I'm comfortable with you, it's just that..." your heart was racing in your chest.

"Can we talk about it later? I don't want our friendship to be ruined," you said. Charles' eyes scanned your face, then looking at the way you were fiddling with the bracelet around your wrist. "I'm in love with you," Charles spilled. "You're- what? You can't just drop that bomb on me!" you gasped, standing up. "As if you weren't going to tell me that," he laughed, reaching for your hands to pull you close. Your cheeks turned crimson and you looked away from him, eventually you started to laugh as well. "Tell me, let me hear you say it," Charles muttered, pulling you into his chest to make the two of you fall back on the soft mattress. "I'm in love with you," you said and he smiled at the words. "Stay here with me, please?" he asked and you nodded, crawling into his embrace as he kissed your forehead.