[4 & 7] - [George Russell]

A/N: for 6justMe21

TAGLIST: Jhawker123 landon0rris jxan_F1 MariPecs10 Judy_Taurus

WORDCOUNT: 743

4. "Hey, you're okay, you were just having a nightmare"

7. "Want to go outside and watch the stars?"

You had gone to bed early after a very busy day and George had been incredibly sweet to you ever since you got home. He was no five star chef, but he had done his best to make a nice meal for you and afterwards you both took some time for yourselves. You had taken a long shower and then headed over to bed, falling asleep almost right away. George went into his room where his playseat was located and the three wide screens around it, his camera and twitch set up for an evening of gaming. He was going to play with Charles and Alex and he hoped you could get some rest meanwhile. "Good evening guys," George spoke, his headphones pushed over his ears as he leaned back in the chair, his phone with the groupschat with Alex and Charles opened in his hand. "I'll try not to get too enthusiastic today, my girlfriend is sleeping in the room next to mine," he explained, causing the cat to say some cute things about you and ask why you were in bed so early already.

"She had a very long and tiring day, so I made her some dinner and she went to bed after a shower," George said, his eyes gliding over some of the comments while he waited for Alex and Charles to connect. The other two drivers soon joined him and they had a small conversation about their time spend with their teams so far and they spoke about Alex' transfer to DTM, although remaining within the Red Bull atmosphere. Not much later, they started their game. After busy weeks of preparation for the testing and now the last few days of relaxing after the testing days, this felt like optimal relaxation for George and he loved to spend time with his fans and friends like this. Hours passed without him really noticing and when the chat mentioned that you came into his room, he turned around to see you in the doorway, a slightly upset look on your face that made his heart clench in his chest. "Love, what's wrong?" George asked, not bothering to mute his microphone as he got out of his chair right away.

"I had a horrible dream," you explained, fiddling with the sleeves of his sweater while his palm cupped your cheek and his thumb swiped back and forth over your cheekbone. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked and you shook your head. "Hey, you're okay, you were just having a nightmare," George comforted you, letting you bury your head into his chest and he kissed the top of your head. "Can I do anything for you?" he asked afterwards. "Do you want to cuddle up or watch something together?" he continued. "Want to go outside and watch the stars?" you proposed and he nodded. "Sure, darling. Let me log off, alright?" you nodded now and you remained in the doorway, but out of sight. "Guys, I have to go," George said. "I'm going to spend some time with my girlfriend and I will see you later!" He didn't hesitate to end his stream and turn off the screens. The night was very bright when you both went outside and the lights of his car flickered, making you frown in response.

"Come on, we're going for a drive," George smiled, loving the way your face lit up in surprise. He made sure the panoramic roof was uncovered and you sat in the seat next to him, looking up at the sparkling stars in the sky while he drove away from the porch and went on the way to the coastal road, the window slightly opened and he didn't drive very fast, the salty sea breeze adding only more to the moment. Only the lights of the car's dashboard lit up inside of the car, his fingers entwining with yours and you just loved everything about this, making you forget about the nightmare you had. "Thank you," you spoke up for the first time since you two left George's apartment. George looked over at you with a smile. "Anything for you, baby," he lifted your entwined hands to press a kiss to the back of your hand, cherishing this moment.