[51] - [Mobster!Max]

A/N: for F1Holland

TAGLIST: Littlemissunnoticed FOREVERLANDO HonestlySeb MICKSCHUMI chal_lelerc f1written justanf1fan Marieke_FZ mrvlous Tasha_Stan_Shady Caxripd2454735 LandoNorris notestomikkelsen

WORDCOUNT: 854

51. "You look so hot with my gun between your fingers".

The sound of a car door closing in the middle of the night caused you to sit straight up in bed. The kingsized bed was empty next to you. You slept in the middle when Max wasn't in for the night. He had gotten an emergency call earlier this evening and took some of his men to take a look at the situation at one of his partner's places. You knew the apartment you shared with Max was heavily guarded and if anyone ever wanted to intrude, they'd need a lot of nerve and a very high IQ, because there was practically no way to enter the house if you weren't a part of the Verstappen mafia crew. You listened to any further sound, unconsciously holding your breath. You didn't hear the car driving through the gates and you didn't hear the further crunch of the tyres on the gravel. The security outside was quiet too, no sounds on the hallway yet.

You stood up and got to the windows, seeing no lights of a car either and no lights on for the path that led to the garage of Max' car collection. You softly let the curtains dangle back into their place and you padded on your feet back to the bed. Your hand moved under the pillow he normally slept on, wrapping your fingers around the Glock 17 gun that laid underneath there. You quietly checked if it was loaded, supporting the weight of the weapon with both hands afterwards. You looked outside once again and briefly threw an eye on your phone, which didn't show any notifications. For the first time, you weren't sure if Max was the person coming home. Usually, his car would be audible on either the gravel or while waiting front of the gate. The thing that made you nervous was that no one of the guards seemed to be alarmed. Was it Max?

Your heart beated in your throat at the thought of checking it for yourself. What if it would be like in the movies, all the guards already dead and you were next? Not gonna happen. You swallowed hard and heard the footsteps moving up the stairs. Your fingers wrapped tighter around the weapon and you moved slowly closer to the door. The doorhandle went down and Max stepped inside the room, his eyebrows raising when you had the gun pointed at him. "Max, what the hell!". You yelled at him and his eyes went wide as he had actually no idea what he did wrong. "I heard a car and then nothing. I thought it was an intruder". You explained next, your hand still holding onto the gun. "Well, babe...". Max chuckled putting a small light on and sliding the jacket of his suit down his arms, throwing it over the chair in the corner. "I came home very quietly because you said you were so tired". He laughed softly.

"I wanted to let you sleep". Max explained, sitting down on the edge of the bed to take his shoes off. "It didn't work". You said, able to smile a little as your heartbeat had calmed down. "Come here, princess". Max looked up at you, dressed in one of his button-ups and the gun in your hand. "You look so hot with my gun between your fingers". He muttered with a boyish grin, causing you to scoff. Max gladly took you onto his lap, placing the weapon back under his pillow before his hands moved up your lower back. "I'm sorry if I scared you, love". He said, his fingers tracing up and down your spine before moving them to your bare thighs. "It's okay. I'm glad to have you back home". You sighed, tracing the features of his handsome. Max smiled at you and gazed into your eyes before pressing a chaste kiss to your lips. "And it's really good to know my wife can protect herself". He said, making you chuckle.

Your hands moved up his chest, resting against his warm skin. You leaned forward to kiss him again, feeling his grip on your thighs tighten and pressing deeper into your skin. His tongue pressed against your lower lip and you let him deepen it. Max pecked your lips a couple more times before pulling back and leaving a kiss on your forehead. "Get back in bed, hmm? I'll join you right away". He said and you nodded in response, letting him lift you up and gently drop you on the bed. You got under the sheets and waited for him to join you. He stripped himself of his clothing till he was in his boxers and then got under the sheets too. His arm curled around your waist to pull you into his chest, his hot breath sensible in your hair. You contently snuggled into his embrace, sleeping was way more comfortable when he was on your side.