[17] - [Lando Norris]

A/N: for black_ma23 and all of my other women of colour, oh and in this one shot: corona? don't know her.

TAGLIST: heyimmilly RacingOlive lyriika sweetrose33 MilkeyboiLando Taaaamz wanderlust_gemini landoandashton nathnath97 FOREVERLANDO Loczek_Bradleya chal_lelerc _thaimilktea f1written Judy_Taurus justanf1fan mrvlous LandoNorris m___a___r

WORDCOUNT: 651

17. "You smell so nice".

"Aren't you looking gorgeous". Lando muttered when he came out of the bathroom and watched you finish your braids in your hair, tying them with small elastics. He was always in awe when you took the time to get your raven afro hair into small braids. Lando had tried to help you once, however he couldn't get his fingers into making such delicate and small movements like you seemed to do. "Thank you". You smiled at him from over your shoulder, watching your own reflection in the body-length mirror. Lando only had a towel wrapped around his hips and he made his way to the closet on the other side of the room to pick some clothing. Lando was taking you out for dinner tonight. It had been nice and sunny all week and he thought it would be nice to take you to the London Shard restaurant, a sky high restaurant that offered a stunning view upon the sunset of London when you were seated there.

You took the elastic tie between your fingers to finish the last braid, turning your head to check the result in the mirror in front of you and you hummed contently. You were dressed in the lilac wrap dress, the one Lando loved so much. He couldn't get over how well the colour complimented your dark skin and how effortlessly the material was wrapped around your figure. Your outfit was finished with a pair of heeled sandals, a low heel that was comfortable yet feminine. Lando had gotten dressed meanwhile and he moved back into the bathroom to style his hair with some gel and spritzing some of his cologne on his neck. He made sure his shirt was spotless and the hem wasn't all wrinkled, his jeans smooth and the laces of his shoes tied. No matter how many times you went out together, he wanted to look at his best, even though he knew he could never top your beauty or stand out more than you in any way.

"Are you ready to go?". You asked, grabbing your small shoulder bag with some essentials, looking up at him and he nodded, feeling breathless because of your appearance. "Come here, princess". Lando softly said, his hands reaching out for you and you smiled, moving into his embrace. His palms felt warm on your lower back and you leaned into his touch, smoothing out his shirt over his chest. "You're so gorgeous, I can't believe it". Lando pecked your lips a couple times. "Have you seen how handsome you look?". You asked with a giggle and you gasped as he briefly twirled you around before nuzzling his nose against yours. He entwined his fingers with yours, loving the contrast between your darker and his lighter skin. "You smell so nice". You muttered as your nose caught a whiff of his delicious cologne. Lando smiled and lifted your chin a last time to kiss your lips. You pressed a cheeky kiss to his neck, making him grunt lowly and he was determined while grabbing onto his car keys causing you to chuckle softly.

Lando's fingers slotted with yours again and your heart skipped a beat at the loving gaze he offered you. Before you went on your first date ever with Lando, you had assumed he'd be into blondes or brunettes, the 'stereotype' instagram girl, however he fell for you. For your kindness, for your love, for your beauty, for your dark skin, for your stunning braids and your wild afro. And he couldn't imagine it to be another way.