Heartache - [Lando Norris]

A/N: for sofiemelround

TAGLIST: LandoNorris Judy_Taurus sweetrose33 rosaa- thaimilktea f1_girl97 CassieRochester formulaliv MilkeyboiLando Taaaaamz nathnath97 ricciardoaf f1written crazyeperson ferraritastic m___a___r Chami2207 VILNYL

WORDCOUNT: 903

REQUEST: Lando is in a friendship with you, a girl from the Dominican Republic. You moved to London to study and you're going to every race that fits your schedule. You're more or less together, but it's not official. You tell Lando it's either a defined relationship or nothing, because this situation is breaking your heart.

"I'm happy to see you". Lando said as soon as he opened the door of his apartment, his strong arms wrapping around you to tightly pull you into his embrace. You weakily hugged him back. "Come in, I have a lot to tell about the weekend in Germany and-...". "Lando...". You softly interupted him. "We need to talk". You said and his smile sunk and you felt your heart sinking in your chest at the change of his expressions. "Alright". He nodded slowly. "Let's sit down". He said, the door falling close behind you and you took your coat off, which he hung on the coat rack in the hallway. "You look beautiful". Lando complimented you on the autumn dress you were wearing, low boots underneath it. "Thank you". You said. You haven't been able to visit his race in Germany, as you were flying back and forth between London and your home town, meanwhile stressing about your study and your feelings for Lando. "What's wrong?". Lando asked when you sat down on the couch.

"I need more than just a frienship, Lando". You started, not sure how you could explain it all when those sparkling eyes were gazing back at you, innocently, because Lando probably hadn't notice how in love you were with him. "But we occasionally... You know". He said, his eyebrows furrowing together as he couldn't get the word 'hooking up' over his lips, because it sounded like you were using each other, and he didn't want to see it that way. "Yeah, as friends". You let out a breathy chuckle. "I can't be just your friend and then hook up with you, visit you at your races and then be apart for two weeks if I can't join, like now". You said. "Y/N, we-we're friends for so long already". Lando said. "I-...". He truly didn't see it. "Lando, I'm in love with you". You said, feeling your voice trembling slightly. "And you know that". His eyes briefly wandered to the floor. "We're scared of binding ourselves to each other". You added. "It's terrifying". He admitted. "Seeing you now, like this, it hurts me. If I came here and slept over, slept with you again, I would leave your house heartbroken tomorrow. Because each time I see you again, my heart shatters a little more". Lando gnawed at his bottom lip, your words piercing right through him.

"What are you saying?". He asked, swallowing the lump in his throat. "If you don't want to be in a relationship with me, that's fine and I accept your decision. But then I think it's better if we don't see each other anymore. For now". You said, your eyes getting watery. His eyebrows furrowed together again. "Why can't we still be friends?". He asked. "I can't miss you". Lando shook his head. "Being friends with you hurts!". You replied and he jumped at the sudden volume of your voice. "I sacrifize so many things to be able to support you at your races, to be your friend in general as I have to be busy with my study and I have my family in a whole another continent. If you're not able to love me like I love you, then it's better we don't hurt each other and just part our ways". Your voice broke meanwhile. "Is there no way in between? Don't you think you're overreacting?". Lando suggested and you shook your head. "No, I know that this is best for me. I can understand if you think I'm overreacting, but you're in my head every time I need to focus on something. You keep getting into my thinking stream and I don't want that anymore, because I know you don't have the same with me". You explained.

Lando nodded slowly. "You're right". He muttered and it hurt him to say those words, even though they were true. "How long will it take?". He hopefully said as you stood up. "I don't know". You answered. "I love you, you know that". He added, making you bite your lip not to cry. Lando gently neared you, his hands cupping your face. "I'm sorry I can't offer you what you want at the moment". Lando said, his thumbs rubbing circles over your cheeks. "Maybe our fates are meant for each other". He said next. "If that's so, I'll wait for you". Lando told you and you just smiled sadly at him. He leaned his forehead against yours, kissing you softly afterwards. "I love you". You muttered back and you placed your hands over his to let them slide off your face. You left him in the living room and you walked out of his door. And he had no idea when he was going to see you again, but if you believed that that was the best decision for your own well being, he accepted it. Your happiness was a priority.