Summer Skating - [Lance Stroll]

A/N: for kiirstiine

TAGLIST: LilyHeseltine123 16allthelove07

WORDCOUNT: 732

SYNOPSIS: Lance takes you to an ice rink and teaches you how to skate.

You looked out of the windows of the car, curious and excited about where would Lance take you. He said it would be a surprise and while you liked surprises, you had secretly expected him to slip a little hint of your date, but he hadn't. Lance took a left, a grin tugging on his lips when he saw your eagerness written all over your face. He turned onto the parking lot of the place, and you looked up to see that he parked at an ice rink. "Lance..." you said, gnawing at your bottom lip. "It's thirty degrees out, and you took me to an ice rink?" you asked. "Well, I didn't want to be cliché and take you to a beach or a swimming pool," Lance shrugged, and you giggled softly. "You know that I can't skate, right?" you added while opening the car door and making your way out. "I know, but I can teach you. I'm Canadian, remember? I'll make sure you're a professional hockey player when you leave this place," Lance's arm curled around your shoulder to bring you closer towards him.

You chuckled. "Good luck with that," you replied, nevertheless he wasn't discouraged to teach you. You and Lance went inside and the cool air of the ice rink immediately blew your way, which was a nice cool down on a summer day like this one. And a definite plus was that you couldn't get sunburned here inside. You went up to the desk to buy a ticket and to rent some skates. It was clear that Lance was excited to get onto the ice. You knew he loved skating in winter when he spent time with his family in Canada, and you liked that he planned this date to take you along to something that meant family and coming home at the same time. Lance led you to some benches where you could sit while you got your feet into the skates. You followed his example and pulled on the few clips to close them. The laces were tied soon enough, and he hopped up from the bench. Lance extended his hands towards you, helping you to get up, and steady first. The smile you gave him, made his heart beat a little faster and he admired the sparkles in your eyes. Lance leaned down to peck your lips.

"Alright, baby, you got this, let's go," Lance stepped forward and towards the entrance of the ice rink, and he stepped on the ice already, turning a circle before coming back to you. He took your hands again, and you hesitantly stepped on the ice, squealing when you slid forward immediately. Lance steadied you again, laughing when you did so. "Hold onto me, I won't let you fall," he said and held your arms while you tried to slide forward. "Bend your knees a little more," he instructed, and while you nearly fell a couple of times, you got the hang of it after a couple of laps around the rink. You still weren't an ice skating star, but it being the first try, you were doing well. And you started to like it a lot the more time you spent here with Lance. Your ticket was valid for two hours, and unfortunately, the time had gone by already. You had to hand in the skates again and you excited the ice rink with Lance. "So, how did you like it?" Lance asked. "I loved it, maybe we can go again soon," you suggested, making him smile.

"Well, for sure we have some time between the races," he said. "Couldn't we stay longer?" you asked while he started the car. "Not really, because I booked your favorite restaurant for tonight," Lance announced and drove the car off the parking lot. "You did?" Lance beamed when he saw the happiness written on your face. "Of course, love," Lance replied, his hand placing on your knee while the other held the steering wheel. This day truly couldn't get better.