Embrace - [Lando Norris]

A/N: oooh nooo I accidentally already deleted the request comment and now I have no idea who this is for ): I hope you'll like it!

TAGLIST: CassieRochester livisracing rosaa- sweetrose33 MilkeyboiLando Taaaaamz wanderlust_gemini landoandashton chal_lelerc nathnath97 ricciardoaf _thaimilktea f1written Judy_Taurus crazyeperson justanf1fan black_ma23 LandoNorris ferraritastic m___a___r DannyRicFan06 f1_girl97 RedBullRacingFan

WORDCOUNT: 620

REQUEST: Lando doubts himself earlier in the season and you're always there to support him.

Your head rested on his chest after he had settled next to you in bed, the small light on the nightstand shut down. Lando kissed your forehead and his arm curled around you while he looked up at the ceiling. He sighed deeply, trying to settle into the sleeping feeling, however it didn't really seem to come. Lando kept quiet, he didn't want to wake you, yet you already noticed that he couldn't seem to get to sleep. Your fingers slowly trailed over his chest as you cleared your throat to speak up. "What's on your mind?". You asked. Lando was silent at first. He had been in the simulator all day with McLaren, pushing out amazing laptimes there, yet the same, amazing results never came when he was on the track during a race weekend. He felt pressure on his shoulders, not necessarily because of his team, but he carried that pressure himself. Carlos had a podium already and he wanted one too, to prove that he was good.

"I just feel like I'm not good enough". Lando said eventually, making you turn around and rest your chin on his chest while facing him. Lando looked at you in the darkness. "I don't have a podium yet, I feel like I'm always behind". He said, sounding really frustrated and sad with the situation. "But Lando...". You let out a soft rush of air. "You're starting your second year in Formula 1. Carlos has years more of experience. You're always talking yourself down. It hurts me to see". You muttered, looking down at your fingers who were tracing over his bare skin. "I know, but it's just... I don't deserve all of this". He softly said. You sat up and switched on the light. "Don't you say that". You looked at him as he folded his hands behind his head, his teeth gnawing at his bottom lip. "You weren't chosen at McLaren because they couldn't find another driver to fill up you're role. The team management didn't choose to continue with you next year because you're driving terribly. Don't you see that?". You asked, caressing his face.

Lando let his arms down and one of his hands rested on your legs, playing with the edge of your shorts. "Yeah, I guess, I-... I guess I'm a good driver". Lando shrugged, leaning into your touch. "You're an excellent driver. Everyone can see, you have so many fans cheering for you. Even Zak tells you rarely make mistakes. You belong to the greatest drivers of Formula 1 and I shouldn't need to tell you that". You said. Lando propped himself up on his elbows, nodding at what you said. "F1 is your dream. Then don't let your fears or doubts stand in the way of your dreams". You said, your heart clenching together at the thought that Lando was still feeling not good enough. "You're right". Lando softly said, leaning further up to match your height. "Thank you". He mumbled, pressing a kiss to your lips and his arm wrapped around you to pull you into his chest again. "I love you. And I'll always support you". You said, making him nod. "I love you more". Lando kissed you again.

He gladly held you into his embrace, which felt safe and loving for you both.