[11 & 19 & 21] - [Soldier!Lando]

A/N: for Judy_Taurus (when will my husband return from war ;) gahh I loved this

TAGLIST: heyimmilly RacingOlive lyriika sweetrose33 LandoNorris landoandashton MilkeyboiLando Taaaaamz wanderlust_gemini FOREVERLANDO nathnath97 chal_lelerc ricciardhoe3 f1written _thaimilktea crazyeperson justanf1fan black_ma23 mrvlous m___a___r

WORDCOUNT: 992

11. "I missed you". + 19. "You're always on my mind". + 21. "Kiss me".

We are winning, darling. I will be home soon. You're always on my mind. You repeated the words of his last letter in your head multiple times. The war had been going on for too long and Lando was out there for too long. Your nights were restless ever since the government applied on his conscription. He always send you letters, he tried to send them every two weeks, but sometimes it took a little longer because of the critical times and then you cried yourself to sleep, worried your Lando had died at the fronts and you wouldn't know. Nights were restless, even though the war itself wasn't directly situated in Great Brittain itself, it was across the seas, but still. It was a crazy and terrifying concept. Germany's leader was fearless as you've been told and England hadn't stopped him much in his actions. Your fear grew every day, but Lando's words about the helping troops from Canada and the United States made your heart beat only a little bit less quick.

He will be home soon. Lando didn't return quickly after his last letter and hadn't been sleeping well, even while the white flag was waved and they said the war was over, the troops were coming home. Glastonbury was decorated for the soldiers for days, not knowing when they will be returning. The towers were looking over the landscape, trying to see if the tanks and army trucks were anywhere near in sight. The horn was blown and you dropped your work abruptly, one of the other maids you worked with pulling on your arm to drag you outside. "They are arriving!". The watchtower guards yelled, more people coming out on the streets, mainly women and their children, waiting for their husbands and fathers to come home from the war. You held your breath, still not able to celebrate with the others until you saw Lando. The trucks were driving past the gates of the city, soldiers hopping out of them and embracing their family and wives.

Tears prickled behind your eyes as you couldn't see Lando anywhere and you walked through the people, pushing past the soldiers and feeling your heartbeat quicken again in slight panic. Blue eyes caught yours, his curls messy as ever on his head and you nearly collapsed with relief. Lando made his way to you, his arms curling so firmly around your frame that he nearly cracked your ribs but you didn't care. Your fingers tightly held onto the rough material of his camouflage jacket and you didn't even notice you were sobbing against him when his hand gently rubbed up and down your back. "I'm home, love". Lando muttered in your ear. "I missed you, so incredibly much". You said, pulling back to look into his eyes and you felt his rough fingertips wipe your cheeks. "I missed you more, baby". Lando said, leaning his forehead against yours. "Please, kiss me". He whispered and you didn't hesitate to press your lips against his, not even thinking about the fact that he had been traveling for so long without a proper shower, in the same clothes, in the mud and in the neverlands, fighting for his country.

You didn't care about it all, the most important was that he was back home and alive. Lando's hands held your lower back, pulling you even tighter against his chest, he could nearly feel your heart beating against his. His brows furrowed together, the feeling of kissing you again after so long was the best feeling ever. "Hey, lovebirds". Lando pulled away from you when he looked up at the person who smacked him at the back of his head with a beret. "Heard there's booze and something good to eat, you comin'?". George asked, his arm curled around his petite girlfriend who giggled while her arms wrapped around her boyfriend. "You up for that?". Lando looked down at you, watching the other pair walking towards the celebrations. "If you are". You replied with a smile, your hands resting against his chest. "I wanted to go home, get washed and then explore some more of you...". He said, teasinly trailing his fingertips down the V-neck of your dress, making you giggle now too. "Lando!". You gently swatted his chest.

A boyish grin showed up on his face. "Let's go and get something to eat and drink". He said, his fingers slotting with yours after he pressed a kiss to the back of your hand. You gladly walked with him, getting to the square where there was a fire of freedom in the middle, marshmallows and sausages roasted, beer was handed out and the soldiers had saved a spot for Lando. He sat down and pulled you in his lap, your arm swinging around his shoulders. There was laughter, jokes and stories shared of the times in the camps, tributes paid to the mates they had lost and mostly the time together was enjoyed. Lando pressed a kiss to your cheek when you looked at the fire in the middle, causing you to look back at him. "I love you". He softly said, his hand resting on your thigh and his fingertips moving in comforting circles over your dress. "I love you too". You said, caressing his cheek and moving his curls away from his forehead. "Cause baby, I'm a soldier of love that's hard to beat". His fingers gently poked your side and you squealed with a giggle, worries long gone as you were back in the arms of the love of your life.

A/N: last quote >>> Pearl Jam's soldier of love.