[2] - [Lewis Hamilton]

A/N: For LivingWithTheEcho

TAGLIST: Elle_prn lewavocado ricciardoaf black_ma23 ferraritastic MeryAnnGonzalez Nefix99

WORDCOUNT: 630

2. "Is there a reason you're blushing like that?".

You dreamily stared at your boyfriend while he was seated at the table of his hotel room. Because the fans couldn't be here in Spa, he and Mercedes had organized a video-chat party, in which he could speak to some fans. It was great to see him like that, so invested in everyone, asking how they were and genuinely paying attention to what they were saying. The weekend in Belgium was an intense one, and while you preferred to leave him in his zone of concentration and barely joined him to a race, he had asked you to come with him for this time. There was still a heavy cloud of emotion lingering on the track and everyone seemed to feel it, carry it on their shoulders. The moment of silence for Anthoine had been beautiful today and you sensed it made Lewis aware, once more, of how dangerous the sport can be, and how privileged he is that he had survived the few crashes he had. Nevertheless, there was no one else who could be more inspiring that Lewis at the moment, in your eyes at least.

He kept spreading the message about racism. He kept motivating people to stand up for the black people in the world and he wanted to be an example as a black driver in the king tier of autosport. At the same time, he was isolating himself too often, so dedicated and focussed on his diet, living as eco-friendly as he could and maintaining his relationship with you. It wasn't always easy and you often missed him when you were left alone in the large apartment you shared, however you wouldn't want to change your life or your relationship in any way. You rested your head in your hands while you watched Lewis continue the video call, answering the questions of the fans, waving at a little child and it was heart warming to see. You felt the love blossom in your chest and your cheeks gently coloured pink at the thought of cuddling up with him tonight, speaking about the events of today, on track and off track. While he was so into the social media world, you were often talking for hours before you went to bed, no phones needed.

"Is there a reason you're blushing like that?". Lewis asked with a chuckle and you shook from your thoughts. You hadn't even noticed that he had stood up meanwhile, the laptop closed on the table. Lewis' hands rubbed your shoulders as he stood behind you, leaning over to press a kiss to your cheek. "Not a special one". You finally replied. "Just realizing once again that my boyfriend is such a great example for many, one they can look up to". You said and it made him smile. He leaned against the table next to you, one of his hands reaching up to caress your cheek. You closed your eyes briefly when his thumb swiped back and forth of your cheekbone and his dark chocolate hues were gazing into yours. "Without your support I wouldn't be there where I am now, love". He muttered softly, making you smile at him. Lewis leaned down and kissed your lips firmly. Your arms curled around him and after your lips parted again, you buried your head in his chest, feeling his arms pulling you into his embrace as well. He sighed contently when he rested his head atop of yours.

Your relationship might not be perfectly balanced, but the support, respect and love you carried for each other, was enough to the keep the strings of your hearts connected.