Gratification - [Lewis Hamilton]

A/N: for LarysaLima

TAGLIST: Elle_prn Lewavocado ricciardoaf black_ma23 ferraritastic MeryAnnGonzalez Nefix99 VILNYL

WORDCOUNT: 550

SYNOPSIS: Lewis received a helmet of Mick Schumacher and he's thinking about it as he's preparing for the Portugal Grand Prix, in which you tell him how proud you are of him and he tells you how happy and grateful he is to have you on his side.

You looked over at Lewis as he was used a dry cloth to polish the helmet he had received at the Nürburgring the previous raceweekend. You smiled at the sight, knowing how honored he felt that he matched Michael Schumacher's record and received a helmet of the collection, brought by his son Mick. It made you feel emotional as he was so dedicated and so passionate about his career. You didn't know anyone else, no celebrity, no other athlete who could match that same level of dedication. Records are meant to be broken, and Lewis is continuing to write history. Lewis lifted the helmet into the light of his desk and you gently knocked against the door to let him know you were there. Lewis lifted his eyes to you, smiling when he saw you there. "Hey, love". He said next. "Hey". You replied softly. "Didn't see you". He muttered, looking down at the shiny helmet in his hands. "It's fine". You answered, moving behind him, your hands caressing his shoulders while he continued to move the cloth back and forth. He had already cleaned up the helmet he received from the Senna family.

Both of the helmets meant a lot to him and you couldn't be more proud that there was so much respect for him from the Senna and the Schumacher family. "Cleaning them up again?". You asked. "Yeah". Lewis chuckled. "Felt like they deserved it". He added. "The things I felt in the moments when I received them... They're unforgettable". Lewis said. "And at that moment I even feel shy, receiving this from such big legends". He sighed. "But you're one of the big legends". You smiled and he turned slightly to look up at you. "I'm just one of the drivers on the field". He said, but you shook your head. "You're not 'just one'. Everyone says how phenomenally you drive, how outstanding your skills are. You're one of the best drivers out there. And you're fulfilling such a great role in educating fans about the things in the world". You said. "I'm proud of you". You continued, feeling your eyes slightly getting watery. Lewis smiled again, laying his cloth down on his desk and his arm curled around you to pull you into his lap. "I'm grateful to have someone like you by my side". He kissed your cheek.

"I don't know how you do it, but you find the right words to tell me every time". You chuckled at what he said. "Maybe because my favourite hobby is supporting my boyfriend as much as I can". Lewis laughed in response to that, his fingers playfully poking your stomach to hear you giggle before he pulled you closer to his chest. "I love you". Lewis said, caressing your face as he reached up. "I love you too". You replied, feeling your heart swelling in your chest, happy to be embraced by him.