[27] - [Alex Albon]

A/N: for Emzer01021994

TAGLIST: Littlemissunnoticed BernadetteJoey _thaimilktea f1_girl97 Xeniia1311 justanf1fan LandoNorris

WORDCOUNT: 1149

27. "Look, I need a date and you need to save my ass".

You could feel Alex' stare burning into the back of your neck while you were playing around on his simulator. He was on his phone mainly, but after texting back and forth with someone rapidly, he decided to spend his time by staring at you. You were neighbours in Monaco and you had spend a lot of time together in quarantine, making you great friends. "Spit it, Alex". You hummed, cursing afterwards after you still missed the curve of the circuit even though Alex had given you numerous tips on how to not miss it. "It's just... My friends". He sighed. "What about them?". You asked next, your eyebrows furrowed in concentration nevertheless. "They want to organize a small party on one of their yachts before I leave to Austria". Alex continued, still not getting to the point and it made you pause the game to turn to him. "Get to it, Alex". You said, slightly annoyed.

"Look, I need a date and you need to save my ass". Alex rambled next, looking quite defeated. "Why would you need a date for a party with your friends?". You asked, confused about the whole situation. "Because they've been bugging me about bringing a date and trying to get me a girl for too long that I just want to shut them up". He finally explained. "And I wouldn't feel comfortable with a stranger, it has to look like we're in a serious relationship so I can finally get them off my back". Alex continued. "And just telling them you're not interested in any girl doesn't help either?". You asked, raising your eyebrows. He shook his head. "Don't go to the party?". You suggested next and he shook his head too. "Tell them you're gay?". "No, what the hell". Alex gave you a glance. You laughed softly and you ended the game, watching the screen turn black and you stood up from the seat.

"Alright, I'll save your ass". You said. "You owe me big time". You emphasized and he let out a sigh in relief. As you said, was done. Later, you went back to your apartment to take a shower and get ready for the somewhat fancy and chique yacht party of Alex' friends. You hoisted yourself in lilac wrap dress and some matching, heeled sandals. You left your hair casually down your shoulders and you didn't bother to put on some makeup. Your phone was put into your clutch and you took a deep breath before crossing the hallway to get to Alex' door. He opened after a couple seconds, pulling on his dress up shirt when his eyes fell on you. "You look pretty". He complimented you, his cheeks heating up slightly. "Thank you". You smiled up at him. Alex locked his door and then reached his hand out for you. You looked at it for a couple seconds and you placed your hand in his, your heart skipping a beat when your fingers entwined.

You walked hand in hand to the harbour, reaching the dock where the yacht of his friend was laying and they welcomed you warmly. "Well, who is this?". His friend had a French accent, dressed up nicely like Alex and he had a gorgeous blonde on his side. "This is my girlfriend, Y/N". Alex said, his arm curling around your waist when you shook hands with the couple. You met two other couples and some guys next and you settled in the lounging deck while the guy who introduced himself as Dorian sailed the yacht away from the harbour. "So, how did you guys meet?". One of the girls asked, watching you two curiously. Your cheeks were pink as Alex was sitting close to you, his arm wrapped around the back of the sofa you were sitting against. You briefly looked at him, no words coming up. "We ehm...". "We're neighbours". You took over when you found the confidence. "We hit off during quarantine. A cliché Corona story". You chuckled, making his friends laugh.

The truth was more convincing anyway, so you didn't want to make a story up. "I've been teaching her the tips and tricks of the F1 simulator and we share the passion for the sport". Alex continued, his fingertips playing with your hair. "It was really about time you got a girl, Alex". One of his friends said. "Now we understand why it seemed like you were dead during lockdown, you spent all your time on her". You felt your heart beating rapidly, because that was actually true. Your hand rested on Alex' thigh and you two managed to get through the evening without being too awkward and too obvious about the fact that you actually weren't a couple. The night had fallen when the yacht was returned to the harbour and Alex and you walked home, this time your hands not entwined. You were sure your hands would be sweaty if he took one of them now. Your conversation on the way back remained light and meaningless, both of you avoiding the topic of being a fake couple tonight.

You reached your door after the short elevator ride to the level in the apartment block where you and Alex lived. "I think tonight was sort of fun?". You said with a soft laugh. "Yeah, I thought it was nice". Alex replied. "And I really liked being your boyfriend". He said next, his voice soft. "It felt surprisingly nice to hold your sweaty hand all evening". You scrunched your nose upwards as you laughed. "You're making it awkward now". You replied. "I'm sorry". Alex said, his hands pushing in the pockets of his jeans. "But I think the whole pretending thing made me realize that I have feelings for you". He shrugged. "And I was hoping it would have the same effect on you?". He added, his eyebrows hopefully raising. Your lips curled into a smile and you took a step closer to him. "I guess today is your lucky day". You let out a soft giggle. Alex had a wide smile on his face, admiring the sparkles in your eyes and one of his hands reached for your face. His touch felt warm when he drew you closer and your stomach tightened as this would be the moment you kissed.

Alex gently pecked your lips before kissing you firmly. It didn't last long, but it was perfect to end the evening. "We... We will still be friends, right?". Alex asked. "Of course". You said. "Friends, and a little more". Alex hummed in agreement, kissing you goodnight. "Sleep well, Y/N". He smiled and let go of you to make his way to his door across the hallway. "Goodnight, Alex".